Chapter 36

Justin grabbed my hand, and immediately started tugging into the house, pushing my body so i was infront of him. We shielded our faces and rushed straight inside, with Pattie and Alfredo quickly following. But it was too late.

I was 100% certain they had gotten shots of us, and no-way would anyone who saw those picture believe we were still 'just friends'. We were dating, and the world was about to find out.

"Shit." I panted. Turning back to face Justin as Fredo slammed the door shut. I looked down at my hand that was still held onto Justin's. He chewed on his lip.

Sophie appeared at the doorway to the living room, a huge smile on her face. It slowly fell as she noticed our faces. "What happened Ri?" She frowned.

I didn't reply, instead i turned to face Justin, who was running his free hand through his hair. His brown eyes were boring back into mine, trying to read my emotions.

"Babe i dont think this is gonna be a secret for much longer." He said gently.

I bit down on my lip. "I know."

Scooter appeared at the door behind Sophie, he frowned. "What happened?"

"Some paparazzi just took some pictures of them out on the drive." Ryan explained. "Like super obvious pictures, kissing andstuff."

Scooter raised his eyebrows. I sighed. "And now they're gonna run straight to a magazine and sell them.. I guess we'll have to just come clean."

Justin wrapped his arms around me, resting his chin on my head. He rubbed my back soothingly. "It's okay, it'll just be a little more chaotic babe. I mean it's not like they haven't already assumed it?"

I stayed silent.

"Come on, let's go in the front room." Pattie said softly. She patted my arm gently. "Hmm?"

I half-smiled and nodded, not wanting to spoil the time i had with my family and friends. I moved to the side to let everyone go on through to the living area, where my Mom and Adam still where. I hung back.

Justin squeezed my hand. "Ri?"

"I just- just go ahead babe. I'll um- be right there in a sec."

He stayed still, rubbing his thumb across my hand. "Are you okay?"

"Mhm, yeah im fine. Im just gonna go change." I lied, forcing a smile. Before he could say anything else, i slid my had away and started walking upstairs.

I went across the landing and into my bedroom, smiling slightly and the sense of normallity. I was spending so much time in hotels lately, it was nice when i got to be home.

I sat down on the edge of the bed and rubbed my face with my hands, letting out a sigh. I heard a slight knock on the door and i looked up towards it.

"Can i come in?" Justin said quielty. I smiled at his respect for me. Other people would have just walked straight in.

"Yeah." I called back.

He gently pushed open my door and stepped into the room, closing the door behind him.

"Im okay." I whispered, smiling at him. "You didn't have to follow me."

He came over and sat right next to me on the bed, so our legs were touching. He held my hand. "I know but you're unhappy, im not going to leave you up here by yourself." He kissed my hand. "Talk to me."

I was silent for a few seconds. I looked down at our hands. "Im just scared they'll hate me Justin."

"Who?"

"Beliebers."

"What? Why would they hate you?" He frowned. "They're not gonna do that baby."

"I think they are. They're probably gonna think im just using you to increase my popularity and for promotion."

"They wont." He disagreed. "I know them, they will support me through everything Ri."

"I'm not saying they're bad people, im just saying they are protective of you and the last thing i wanna do is upset them. Im scared ill get loads of hate."

"Babe theres always gonna be people who hate, but you just gotta block 'em out and focus on the peopleare not hating. Most people are going to support us, and the ones that don't, are irrelevant. We don't need them."

I nodded slightly. "The paparazzi are never gonna leave us alone."

"They don't anyway." He stated truthfully, a smile tugging on his lips. "It's going to be tough, i don't doubt that. But i want to be with you more than anything. Im willing to try if you are?"

I smiled at him. "Of course silly." I ran a hand through his hair.

"Good. We could be starving, homeless, broke; i wouldn't care. As long as you love me, we'll be okay."

I nodded, my smile suddenly stretching wider. "You know, that could be a song."

Justin raised his eyebrows. His lips formed a smile. "It actually could.. It could go with the lyrics i was working on earlier."

"Sing it to me." I said.

"We're under pressure, seven billion people in the world trying to fit in. Keep it together, smile on your face even though your heart is frowning. But hey now, you know, girl. We both know it's a cruel world. But I will take my chances."

I started singing too. "As long as you love me, we could be starving, we could be homeless, we could be broke."

"As long as you love me, ill be your platinum, ill be your silver, ill be your gold."

"As long as you lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-love me."

I carried a large stack of plates into the kitchen, balancing as many across my arms as i could manage. I felt the load suddenly become lighter. I gave Justin a warm smile. "You don't have to help you know babe, i can do it."

"Yeah, almost dropping half of them on the floor in the process." He grinned. He planted a kiss on the side of my face. "It's okay, i want to help."

I smiled at him, placing all the pots down on the worktop next to the sink. I looked down. "So you still didn't tell me about Avalanna."

"You're right, i didn't." He said. He cleared his throat and i looked at him. "She was amazing Ri. The bravest little person i've ever gotten the pleasure of meeting."

I smiled, begining to wash the dishes. I passed them to Justin for him to dry and put away, listening to him talk the entire time.

He told me so much about this precious little girl, tears evident in his eyes. I could tell she really made her mark on him, he got emotional talking about it.

"Im going to go down and see her again in a few weeks, to check up on her." He told me. "You should come too, she want's to meet you Ri."

"Really?" I smiled. "Of course i'll come."

(AUTHORS NOTE)

AVALANNA <3 Rest in peace gorgeous.