Chapter 35

I had to catch a late-night 2-hour flight to New York because we were filming the music video the next day. so i was pretty worn out by the time i landed. It wasn't till about 1:30AM till i got back to the hotel with Scooter, and boy was i ready to sleep. I fell fast asleep in minutes and didn't wake up until i was woken up by my excited uncle yelling for me.

"Ri get up!! You have to see this!"

"What?" I mumbled. I sleepily rubbed my eyes and glanced at the clock. It was 7:30AM.

I groaned. "Scooter what is it?"

"The iTunes chart."

That was all he had to say. I shot out of bed like a bullet, running out of my room to where Scooter was sitting with his laptop. I froze. My song had been released the previous night, and i had no idea how it was doing. I so hoped people liked it.

Scooter grinned at me. "Do you wanna know?"

I shook my head but then fearfully nodded.

"Umm only number ONE!!"

My jaw dropped. I ran over to the sofa and threw myself down next to Scooter. I stared at the screen.

Sure enough, my song Put Your Hearts Up, was right there at the top. Number freaking one.

"NO WAY."

"YES WAY!!!"

@missarianabraun: HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS

I quickly took a shower to freshen myself up, then jumped out with a towel wrapped around me. I saw my phone ringing. It was Alfredo.

"FLORES!" I giggled.

"FRICKEN CONGRATS RI!"

"Aha thank you!"

"Number one?! That is crazy shit there Ri, im proud of you!!"

"Thank you so much Fredo, i can't believe it."

"I can, i knew it was gonna do amazing. Im so proud of you!"

"Aww." I smiled. I began pulling some underwear, a pair of sweats and a jumper from my suitcase, swapping thee phone to my other ear.

"Did Justin call you yet?"

"No, he was getting a flight back to California at 3AM this morning. He's probably not landed yet." I shrugged.

The previous night, before i left to go to the airport, Justin and i were hanging out at my place when Scooter called us. He sent Justin a video of a little sick girl called Avalanna, who had cancer. She was in a hospital in Los Angeles, and the video was her having a 'wedding' with a poster of Justin. She was literally the sweetest thing, and i cried whilst watching the video. It tore at Justin's heart strings too, and he booked a flight out there to meet her. He cancelled all of his schedule he was that determined to meet her. She was so ill.

"Oh."

"I'm sure he'll explain to you if you call him in a couple hours. I'd tell you about it now, but i really gotta go my video shoot." I said, pulling on my pants and the jumper.

"Damn i wish i could be there." Fredo sighed. Filming was his thing, he was a video geek. A good one though.

I smiled. "Well maybe you can direct my next one?"

"I'd love to." He replied. We both laughed. "Ri, i just want to say thanks to you."

I brushed a comb through my wet hair. "Huh?"

"Im just super happy that you came into our lives, and that you are my friend. I also love that you're dating Justin. You are good for him."

"Aw." I smiled. "How so?"