Chapter 2

I hopped off the plane in Atlanta with the hugest smile on my face.

I was here.

Finally.

I'd not been out of Colorado for a long time, due to school and Moms work and stuff. I'd been desperate to visit Scooter many times but my Mom wasn't keen on me flying alone until i was 17 and she was always pretty busy with work etc.

But finally i turned 17 on March 1st so we booked a flight for the first day of summer.

-

I stepped out of the terminal and scanned the airport.

It was pretty full.

I squinted my eyes, and after a few seconds i saw a familiar middle-aged man pushing through the crowd.

"Ri!" He called, lifting one of his hands to wave at me. He jogged towards me.

I let a grin spread over my face.

I ran towards him.

"Uncle Scooter!" I giggled, letting him pull me into a big hug. I closed my eyes as we embraced in the airport.

"Hey pal." He smiled. "Long time no see."

I grinned at him. "Three months."

"Damn, really?"

"Yeah." I nodded. I lifted my head and gazed around the airport.

"Well, welcome to Atlanta." He grinned. He opened his eyes, gesturing all around him.

I smiled. "I'm so excited."

"Good." He chuckled. He placed one of his hands on the small of my back and gestured the way to the lugagge collection. We started walking in that direction.  

"Hey, have you grown?"

I laughed. "Actually i have, thank you for noticing. Nonna keeps telling me that i'm some sort of giant now. I think she's lying.

Scooter laughed. "Hm, i dunno. I bet you're nearing 6ft." He joked.

"5ft 3 actually." I corrected him.

Scooter laughed, picking up my lugagge for me.

"Your Mom's pretty tall, and so am i and Adam. I think you got your height from your Dad's side."

"Oh. Great." I scoffed.

My uncle messed up my hair. "But everything else you got from us. You're a Braun Ri." He smiled.

I smiled back.

-

I loved my uncle.

I'd grown up living in the same house as him before he moved away. He was now based in Georgia, and he had all 'celebrity' friends.

He moved because he was really becoming keen in the music business. It was hard to kickstart a career from Colorado and so decided to up sticks to ATL.

I was sad because i grew up sleeping in the next door room to him, viewing Scooter and Adam as brothers, but after he moved he still made an effort to visit every spare chance he got. Adam did too. 

-

Scooter pointed out various places during the ride to his house, which fascinated me. Atlanta seemed like an exciting city, much more lively than little old Denver. I couldn't wait to explore.

"Wow, this place is sick." I breathed, as my uncle turned the car onto a street of large houses.

Each had huge front gardens and intricate gates separating their land, giving them privacy.

"That's good right?" He smirked.

"Defiantely." I smiled. I raised my eyebrows and took in every detail of the houses. "You live here?"

"Yup, that one right there." He pointed. I followed his finger to the house straight ahead of us. 

My jaw dropped.

"Wow." I mumbled. I gazed up at it's white exterior and excuisite design. It was like one of those houses you see in magazines and movies - it must have cost him a fortune.

"Scoot why have i never been here before?!" I joked, looking at him accusingly.

"Blame your Mom not me." He laughed, sticking his hand out the window to type in the code for the gate.

He drove carefully up the drive, parking up neatly on the gravel near the house before turning off the engine. He looked at me proudly, smirking at my amazed expression.

"You can go on up and choose your room first if you want?"

I stared at him.

"Explore a little and i can give you a tour maybe? And then we can unpack together. I made sure to take the entire day off so i'm free to help." He smiled. "Sound good?"

I nodded eagerly. "Sounds awesome... And i can just pick any bedroom i want?"

"Sure, so long as it's not mine." He chuckled. He reached into his pocket before passing me the key to the front door. "Enjoy."

I took it daintily from his outstreched hand and then momentarily grinned up at him before getting out of the car. I walked up to the door, still gazing around it awe.

It was seriously beautiful.

-

It wa just as beautiful inside, with a huge wooden stair case which made my breath hitch.

I climbed up it, arriving on a modern landing which lead off to many other rooms.

I carefully checked out each one before deciding on the end one. It was my favourite of the 5, with a large double bed and an en-suite. Onne full wall was filled with wardrobes and the room was decorated beautifully from top to toe.

It was all mine for the summer.

I stepped back down the staircase and saw all my luggage was now in the hallway, waiting to be carried up. I began exploring the other rooms in search of Scooter.

There was a large living area; a study; indoor swiming pool; massive kitchen and dining room; cinema room; gym; party room (for parties obviously); music room containing a large piano and many other instuments; a spare living room and a garage with 4 expensive looking cars.

I found Scooter in the last room that i looked in: the kitchen.

He was leaning against the worktop, his iPhone pressed to his ear. He waved at me, shooting me a smile before returning to his conversation.

I walked inside and jumped up so i was sat ontop of the marble counter opposite him. I kept quiet while he spoke.

"Look man, my niece just came from Colorado. Cant this wait?... Well, i dont know. Call Usher?... For gods sake... Well cant you just-. Oh... I see... Okay. I'm on my way but this can't take long. I told you guys Ariana was coming today."

"What's up?" I asked, as he hung up the phone, sighing as he shoved it back into his jean pocket.

"Look... i know i said i'd help you unpack and settle in, but i gotta nip to the studio real quick. They're having a 'crisis' or something." He put the word 'crisis' in speech marks with his fingers, causing me to laugh.

"That's okay." I smiled

H squeezed my hand. "I'll be home as soon as i can okay? And then I'll help unpack and we can order pizza or something okay?"

"Yeah, it's totally fine." I smiled. I pointed my finger at him. "But im holding you to that pizza."

"Okay, deal." He nodded. He ruffled my haid. "I'll see ya later Ri. Drink and foods in the fridge.. Im sure you can find something to do till i get back."

He stopped.

"But just dont leave the house kay? And call me if you need me."

"Yes Dad." I called, raising my eyebrows at him. "Cya later."