「 二十七 」

二十七 Rivalries

The air was certainly crisp this time of year, the girl with the molten silver eyes mused as the leafless branches danced in the air above her; reflecting off of her glassy and unfocused eyes.

" Don't you have a match today? "

She hummed. " It's in the afternoon. "

" Isn't there a match going on now? "

She shrugged. " I don't need to see it to know the outcome. "

" Of course. " Shūzo rolled his eyes. Of course, she knew the outcome. Of course. How could he possibly have forgotten that his stellar little sister was basically omniscient? Of course.

" Don't cuss me out in your head, Nii-chan. " He just stopped himself from blanching in shock. His little sister would have liked that far too much. His hysteria quelled as she let out a sigh and murmured in a tired voice: " It's Akashi vs Midorima now. "

The former captain pursed his lips. Faintly, he could recall the days he spent in Teiko, chasing the basketball and playing with the lanky green haired tsundere and the shorter quiet, yet kind, red head. As he recalled from a match he had witnessed while visiting his sister in Japan one year after he had left, the first stringers he had left behind were not the same brilliant first years he once knew. Though Akashi and the glint of his gold-tinged eye struck a chord the deepest within him. For when he recalled the cold face of his heir, blended into his, was a pair of stormy eyes.

" Oh. " He uttered. There wasn't much more he could bring himself to say.

And as his sister left him there on the park bench, watching her go, he swore he saw the back of a familiar redhead, in her stead.

---

Kise's ego was bursting at the seams today, the girl with the silver eyes snorted internally with an eye-roll as she watched her boys warm up. In fact, all of the Blue Elites were in a particularly cocky mood this match. She didn't miss more than the expected defeat of Shuutoku earlier, could the demise of another powerhouse team really cause such a surge in fighting spirit in these basketball-obsessed freaks?

" Oi, Kise. " Kasamatsu called, hurling a basketball at the blond. " Go give them a simple greeting. "

Kise smirked. " Sure! "

Approximately fifteen seconds later, Kise had slam dunked a basketball through the hoop Seirin was using with a sly side-eye and a low chuckle. " I said 'simple'. " Kasamatsu himself smirked, sparing the opposing team a side-eyed glance before tossing a final lazy three-pointer into the goal before him as the crowd in the stands went wild.

The blond ran a hand through his locks, pushing them back off of his forehead before ruffling them a little. Turning to the shell-shocked and annoyed Seirin players with a smug smile- " Don't mind me. " - the ace murmured- " I'm just declaring war. "

(Yes, Yohime decided in response to her mental ramblings before, it seemed that it did indeed.)

The benched members of Kaijou's team were less amused. " Ah... There's that disgusting personality of his. " Nakamura Shinya sighed, pushing up his glasses. The boy had been the only one brave enough to sit next to Yohime after the overly emotional Fukuda Sogo match- something that gave him quite a bit of respect from her. Nevertheless, Yohime shrugged popping her bubble gum and giving it a few chews before letting a small smirk of her own adorn her face.

" It's my favorite quality of his, " she responded airily, watching as Kagami got them back with an alley-oop, " that disgusting personality. "