「 十四 」

「 十四  」 Wrath of the Scorned

Opening her cubby, she sighed as she removed her shoes. It happened again. They had put rusty nails in her shoes.

How original.

Walking over to a bin, she poured out the nails, being careful to empty out all of them before she slipped her shoes on and closed her door of the cubby; not even bothering to place her school slippers in it, slipping them into her bag instead. If she left them in school she was sure that they wouldn't be there in the morning.

" How long has that been happening really? " An even voice spoke, halting her in her quiet steps. A brief silence followed. A beat. Another.

" It doesn't concern you, Minamoto-senpai, " she replied. Equally coolly.

" That is a direct breach of discipline and therefore is my concern as a prefect, " the tall perfect countered, pacing forward with his hands in his pocket.

Though his stance was casual enough, his eyes were sharp and his words heavy. He had made a round and came to a stop in front of the first year. He bored his gaze into the defiant guarded gaze of his committee head and continued—

" Especially since it is happening to the Head of my committee and one of the only few people who have the decency to look me in the eye while talking to me. " Yohime stayed silent for a moment, glancing to the side— much to her senpai's displeasure.

" If I can handle a seriously stupid basketball player, I can handle anything. So don't worry, or you'll get gray hair, " she quipped drily, brushing past the upperclassman making her way out.

" It's that idiotic blond's fangirls, right? " The girl halted in her steps once more. " They're the ones who are doing this to you, right? "

" It's getting late, Kei. Go home, " she sighed tiredly. " I can protect myself. "

Her voice not wavering in the slightest, she threw a hand over her shoulder in farewell and stalked out of the building with her head held high in a Yohime-esque way. The ash-blonde watched her exit the school compound with a grim look.

" You can protect yourself... but do you want to protect yourself? " Kei whispered to himself.

In truth, she didn't.

She knew that protecting herself, could possibly have severe repercussions for Kise. These were Kise's fangirls. If she indeed protected herself and gave them detention or scared them off, two possible outcomes was that:

a) Kise would find out, blame himself, and scold his fangirls— causing himself to perhaps losing these fangirls and his popularity as a model, which would damage his career, or

b) these pea-brained girls would blame Kise and perhaps even spread rumors about him, hurting his career.

Yohime was ok with suffering a little if it meant that Kise wouldn't be affected. He didn't deserve that.

Meanwhile, Minamoto Kei couldn't stand Kise because of it. Her... concern, for the blonde baffled him. All Kise did was be a great inconvenience and an all-around pain in the neck, not to mention he was loud and way too bubbly to be real. Minamoto would not and could never be able to forgive his blonde underclassman for being the cause of Yohime's pain...

... indirect or otherwise.

The afternoon that followed her little chat with Kei, she had found her school bag hung from the branches of one of the many trees that furnished Kaijou's landscape. How it had gotten up there... Yohime wasn't too sure. Somehow, she couldn't picture a gaggle of girls scaling the massive willow three.