「 十六 」

「 十六 」 Heart Attack

She was sure she was stuck in some shoujo anime. Literally— what other explanation was there? What else could explain... this?!

Her heart was in her mouth as she paced like a restless lion in what little room the small supply closet turned changing room had to offer. Gnawing at her bottom lip, she paused and took a peek at the mirror— leant precariously on a few stacked up boxes of cleaning supplies— and groaned at the mere sight of herself.

" Why? " Yohime lamented, tearing her gaze away, as she pondered her life decisions. " Why, why, why, why— " Sudden and rhythmic banging on the door caused her to flinch back.

" Yo, Nijicchi~! Are you done yet-ssu? " She muttered a choice word under her breath. Kise.

He was probably the absolute last person she would want see her in this state!

He banged on the door again, more impatiently this time. " Nijicchiiii! It's almost time! " Yohime blanched.

" I, um, I— " she spluttered unintelligently " — I, I'm not... I'm not coming out! "

" Eh? " Came Kise's eloquent response. A loud thud was heard as he leant against the door to press his ear against it to aid his hearing. " Why?! " Was his slightly muffled query. Yohime let out a long, long-suffering exhale in a hiss between her clenched teeth.

" I grabbed the wrong uniform! "

" So what, Nijicchi? It can't be that bad. Besides— there aren't any costumes left and we are opening soon-ssu! " Kise whined, tired of waiting for the girl to come out. Surprisingly, his wishes were granted for once. The door was slammed open abruptly.

" What?! You mean to tell me I'm stuck, in, in, in this?! " The rather flustered, flushed-faced, and slightly breathless Disciplinary Committee Head shrieked (highly uncharacteristically) as she stood clad...

... in a maid outfit.

How had this happened again?

Oh, yeah— it all started five days ago.

" Nijicchi!! You're not ignoring me for your work again are you?! " Kise yelled, slamming his hands down on her desk in front of her. Pouting— he wasn't going to glare at her, he didn't want to die youngat the preoccupied female as he looked over her.

Yohime didn't so much as bat an eye at him.

Her phone sandwiched between her shoulder and her head as she spoke to the Student Council President... whilst simultaneously jotting down notes for next semester's material... whilst completing paperwork for the Disciplinary Committee... whilst editing an email proposal to another school for a practice game for the Basketball team... whilst being stared at by everyone in their classroom as they watched her ignore Kise whose pout deepened at her lack of attention (to him).

" Niiijiiichiiiii...! " The blond whined, sinking into the seat in front of her table, visibly wilting. " Pay attention to me! You've ignored me all of lunch! " He jutted his lip out and made puppy eyes at her.

Unfortunately for him, she was immune.

Pulling the phone away from her ear for a moment, she shot Kise one of the most poisonous glares in her arsenal.