[ Special Chapter ]

Ghoul!AU - One Shot

Ghoul!Kise
CCG Investigator!Yohime

|| Double Lives ||

To be honest, the day had started out relatively well for Kise, but now that had all gone to shit.

And over something as small as a girl too.

" You bastard! " A clown-faced ghoul roared, sending a barrage of sharpened projectiles towards Kise, some of which actually struck the tired blonde. " That's for taking my girl! " The Clown hissed.

Kise had a few smart words for that.

" She's not exactly your girl when she's always trailing after me, " Kise muttered.

His mouth and ego getting him into even deeper water with the trio of Ukaku ghouls who had all but grabbed him as he was lugging himself home from a rather tiring (but fun) practice match and dragged him into some back alley.

It was criminally unfair that there were three well-fed and well-resteed Ukaku-type ghouls against one tired and deprived Bikaku-type ghoul, but hey, life isn't always fair.

" Shut up, you mangy mutt! " The accomplice with a red 13 on his white full face mask hissed, striking Kise again.

If the blond wasn't so sore of exhausted (from both the fight and the basketball practice he had before that) Kise would have made a comment about how he was downright offended that they compared him to a dog. He was the Alley Cat of the 20th Ward, and cats and dogs do not mix.

Meanwhile, a girl his in the shadows upon a rooftop, looking over the brawling ghouls like a malevolent demon, looking for prey to devour; and Nijimura Yohime was, of sorts.

If you had told her hours previously that she would be saving the Kise Ryouta, a ghoul and the resident Prince of Kaijou High, she would have burst out laughing— and she never laughed.

Though now as she viewed him, yellow Bikaku activated and all, being overpowered by three Ukaku type ghouls, she decided that despite his status of being a flesh-eating ghoul and despite him being wanted for the killings of few ghoul investigators (who she noted to have been the merciless killers of peaceful ghouls), she would save his idiotic butt from being whooped.

Even if she still thought he was a bumbling idiot in school.

Shifting her butt into gear, Yohime leaped over the railing, perfectly timing her fall so that she cushioned it with the help of Ukaku ghoul A, who she decided to nickname Pancake (for breaking her fall).

Her feet connecting with his head, snapping his neck upon impact, she made sure to decapitate him with her quinque; a large Ukaku-Rinkaku mixed katana that her numbskulls of 'colleagues' donned her 'scepter'.

" Crow! " One of the other two remaining offenders yelled out as the surviving ghouls went rigid at the arrival of a new playing piece: a ghoul investigator.

" So that was S-ranked Crow, huh? " Yohime remarked in a placid tone, nudging the masked Ghoul's decapitated head with her foot. " Maybe I can hit my quota for the week if I killed you too. "

" You bitch! "

" Thirteen, no! " The clown mask warned, tightening his grip on his companion's arm. " That is not just any ghoul investigator, that is the infamous First Class ghoul investigator known as the Vicious Queen, and she's famous for a reason. " The girl smirked at that.