「 十七 」

「 十七 」 Waiting, Waiting

" Are you going to follow me all the way home? " Yohime questioned, glancing back at the first stringers who followed her stubbornly.

Two weeks, Yohime lamented.

Two weeks since summer break had begun... and yet in those two weeks she's seen Kaijou's basketball team and the school gym more than her own home. It was to be expected, she supposed, after all—

" Our match with Tōō Academy is just next week! " Kasamatsu had replied ardently. " Tōō is a whole other playing field compared to the small fry we've gone up against so far, so if we have to follow you all the way home for a strategy, we will! "

" And the rest of you share his sentiments? " Yohime hummed pensively, sparing a sweeping glance to the others. Much to her displeasure they too seemed determined.

" Moriyama-senpai, you live in the exact opposite direction. " He nodded firmly, but didn't falter.

" Hayakawa-senpai, your parents and older brother will be waiting on you for dinner. " The second year didn't flinch.

" Kobori-senpai, didn't you promise your little brother that you'd help him with homework? " He pressed his lips together, but otherwise remained unchangingly stubborn.

Sighing, she came to meet Kise's golden eyes and rolled her own pair. She didn't even have to ask him: he would follow her to the ends of the earth at this point— especially after that whole fangirl fiasco.

" You shouldn't rush me, " Yohime chided, brushing her hair back over her shoulder with a tired look. " True genius is never rushed, " she paused, glancing at the first stringers, her eyes resting on Kise for a significantly longer time, " not that you would know what true genius was if it slapped you in the face with a dead fish. Patience is a virtue, don't you know? Do you think strategies fall from the heavens? "

The first stringers were not amused.

" Then when do you think your master plan would be completed by? " Kasamatsu, as team captain and spokesman of the hour, had asked as civilly as he could considering the situation.

" Maybe today? Maybe tomorrow? Who knows? " Yohime retorted. " Now, go home, boys. I have things to take care of. "

Realizing that she wouldn't be moved, her upperclassmen begrudgingly conceded to her request. They left one by one, reluctantly dragging their feet in a pathetic manner as they turned away and hiked back to the station— yes, they had even taken the train to her neighborhood— grumbling and mumbling the entire way.

The last person under her chilling silver gaze was none other than her ardent blond classmate— who had been unusually quiet throughout the entire ordeal.

" That included you, Kise, " she challenged, an eyebrow arched expectantly. Not at all to her surprise considering exactly who was in Tōō, Kise neither cowered nor retreated. Instead, he regressed.

Biting his lip childishly and puffing his cheeks in an overly flamboyant and dramatic manner, he threw his little tantrum.

" But Niiijiichiiii...! " His face screwed up much like a child being denied sweets as he whined. Yohime sighed, unamused.