「 十一 」

「 十一 」 Glory and Gore

As Yohime had predicted, the news had spread like a wildfire.

She was greeted the very next morning by gawking and (more) furtive whispers (than usual anyways) before she even set a foot past the school gate.

" First she becomes the basketball team's manager and now she's the Head of the Disciplinary Committee? " A girl whispered— loudly— into her friend's ear. " I don't understand what's going on in this world anymore. " Yeah, Yohime sighed sullenly.

Neither did she.

Despite concentrating her efforts into blocking out the comments and trudging her way deeper into the school building, the presence of a someone walking besides her (as in inside the one meter radius she was always given) didn't go unnoticed by her.

Peering up out of the corner of her eye, she saw the aloof and composed face of Shirosaki Yuichi. The giant didn't even give her so much as a word or even so much as a glance, but walked by her as if they were old friends.

" ... Good morning, Shirosaki-senpai? " Yohime greeted with the slightest of hesitance, completely new to a situation such as this. The tall male— she wondered fleetingly if the boy had ever been scouted to become a basketball player with that height— glanced down at her then, eyes peering right through to her core with a scrutinizing gaze. Nevertheless, she held his gaze evenly. A moment two of somewhat tense silence passed before Shirosaki seemed satisfied with whatever he had found.

" Good morning, Nijimura-san. I hope you're well today, " he spoke in a voice much gentler than she expected from someone of his height.

" Here, take this— " he produced a thick folder from his book bag labeled 'disciplinary committee' " — and this— " a ring file full of papers bearing the label 'student disciplinary guidelines'm" — and this as well. " A disciplinary committee armband. Black fabric with silver stitching, it was quite a quality piece of uniform— as expected from a private school like Kaijou.

Yohime nodded silently in thanks for the materials; more of a formality than anything because she wasn't exactly sure if she felt thankful for so many things to review or not. Shirosaki returned the nod and made to walk ahead of her, but paused in his stride and looked over his shoulder at the girl.

" Nijimura-san? " Her senpai murmured, gaining the black haired girl's attention. " You're definitely not they say you are. " Yohime raised her eyebrows, momentarily stunned before letting a minuscule smile spread.

" You're one of the few people who think that, senpai, " she replied, bowing slightly before they parted ways. Internally, she felt rather bittersweet.

If only more people would notice what Shirosaki managed to.

The first year had quickly learnt by the end of the school day, that the school rules were stricter than they seemed.

From the looks of the rather thick handbook she had pulled out of the depths a cupboard in the Disciplinary Committee room— ignoring the fact that Kaijou was a school swimming in money enough to flamboyantly fund a fully functioning office dedicated to their disciplinary committee— every student in Kaijou was breaking some rule everyday.

Yohime included.

(Her socks were below the ankle, which was apparently not allowed.)