Chapter 18

First Edit: 12/09/2017

* * *

"Excuse me?"

With arms crossed I glare at Selena without breaking eye contact. Who the hell does she think she is, Queen of England? I think not!

She places her hand on her hip and speaks, "You know, by next month he'll grow tired of you and then he'll just come running back to me."

I now understand the moment Lindsay Lohan felt the need to mentally jump Regina George like a wild animal in Mean Girls. Totally makes sense.

It takes a few seconds for me to maintain my cool at this girl's audacity. I didn't even do anything wrong to her and she's talking to me like I'm the worst thing that happened next to fidget spinners. I'm not about to give her the satisfaction of thinking she won this little convo.

So I look at my nails and sass back, "Funny you should mention next month, because he invited me to the Grammy's. And the Billboard Music Awards, which is even further than a month away."

Okay real talk. Inside I'm shaking like a little baby chihuahua when I think of how I'm clapping back at a mega star. She could probably have me locked up or get rid of me in no time without anyone realising, but I can't show her my fear. People like her feed off it.

Selena smirks and flips her hair over her shoulder, "That's not true you liar. Justin invited me to go to the Grammy's with him. You're just a quick fling to fill his needs. Nothing else! Who even are you?" she pulls her face as if I'm the most ugliest person she's ever seen and huffs.

I'm so certain that Justin mentioned the Grammy's as one of the awards he wants me to be his plus one. What if he invited her? It would make more sense I guess, being seen with someone more famous than me. I can't offer him any kind of publicity. Maybe I'm making a fool of myself.

"Selena, what are you-" I hear Justin's voice get cut off when he sees me standing in front of her, "Oh, I see you've met Leah."

"Yes I've met your little one night stand," she flings around, blocking my view of him, "Justin baby, you know it's tradition that we go to the Grammy's together right? Tell your little flooze here that please."

From the limited view that I have, I can see Justin's fists clench together as he speaks, "Tradition went down the drain the day you made the world think I cheated on you to cover up your own cheating ass," his words seem to hurt himself more than anyone else. I can hear the betrayal and pain in them.

I never knew she cheated on him. Is it true?

Selena starts sniffing and whining incohesive words and I take it as my queue to get out of here. Whatever happened between them is obviously still at the surface and I don't want to be part of the argument that's going to go down. My eyes scan the room, trying to see someone that I recognize.

I see Kendall standing in a corner talking to Gigi and a tall blonde girl with a short bob and red lips. I rush over to them.

"I hope I'm not intruding," I say in a soft voice as I approach them and force a smile.

"Oh hi! No not at all!" Kendall says, placing her hand on my shoulder, "Leah have you met Taylor yet?"

I look at the tall girl with her bedroom shaped blue eyes and button nose. I shake my head, "No I haven't. I'm Leah," I introduce myself.

The girl eyes me for a second, scanning my body and then speaks, "Taylor Swift. I love your hair! It's so long and thick and shiny! I'm jealous!"

I give her a grateful grin, "Thank you, at least I have one asset going for me between all of these beautiful people."