Chapter 6

Nico woke the next morning feeling particularly happy.  He assumed it was because of everything he got off his chest last night. He checked the time- it was 5:00 in the morning.  Jeez. He decided to make breakfast.  Will was already up and in the kitchen by the time he walked in.  He tried, but he couldn't wipe the refreshed smile off his face.
"And I thought I used to be a ray of sunshine. Good morning, Sunshine." Wills voice sounded from the counter. 
"Hey. Don't call me that. And don't you have class?" Nico dropped the smile as he began cracking eggs into a bowl.
"Starts in half an hour, but the building is only a five minute walk from here.  Then I have- ugh- work."
"Where do you work?"
"Bookstore."
"Cool!" Nico coughed after his burst of enthusiasm. Then he spoke cooly. "That doesn't sound bad."  Will laughed.
"I don't suppose it's too bad, no. But it takes forever. I'd rather, I don't know, play guitar in a cafe or something." He shrugged. Nico scraped scrambled eggs onto two plates and popped two pieces of toast out of the oven.  He slid a plate towards Will. 
"I didn't know you could play guitar."
"You don't know a lot of things about me."
"True." Nico shrugged as they ate.  He couldn't help wondering about his new associate, but he didn't dare ask so soon.  Will washed his plate off and put it in the dishwasher, then slung his backpack over his shoulder.
"I gotta go.  See you around." His hair was out of his face today, curls framing his face instead.  This was a change.

Will strode to his class. He was feeling confident today.  He was surprised Nico didn't judge him for who he was, and that he had a similarly difficult childhood.  He understood why he was so closed off.  The blonde haired boy took a seat in the front of the class today and took out his computer to write notes on today's lecture.  Medical classes were incredibly difficult, but Will figured in the end it would be worth it, if he made it as a doctor.