Sandra walked over to me and gave me a huge, unexpected hug. “I’m so proud of you both.” I was shocked but I couldn’t exactly show it. I smiled.

            “How’s it going?”

            “I missed my baby boy.”

            “He missed you, trust me,” I told her, honestly, I was dreading walking outside where there were no cameras to watch Drew and I be all couple-y. Drew and I held hands as we walked outside, I could tell he was happy to be with his family.

            “Are you coming with me or Drew’s parents?” Elliot asked.

            “You,” I replied.

            Drew rolled his eyes. “She’s coming with us, I’m sure Mum’s cooked something for us. Elliot, you’re more than welcome to come.” Elliot declined. “Plus, wouldn’t it look a bit weird if we went home with different people?”

I agreed, sighing. “Okay but I can’t go over your parents, I’m really tired,” I lied. I was just honestly avoiding the awkward situation because honestly, I didn’t know how to act around Drew.

Drew’s parents drove me to my apartment and Drew followed me out. I heard him say to his parents, “I’ll be a couple of minutes.” We walked to my apartment in silence. “I’ll call you tomorrow,” he said.

            “Okay.” I slipped the ring off of my ring finger and held it out to Drew. He furrowed his eyebrows. 

            “That’s yours… forever. It’s not like I can give it to anyone else now, I wouldn’t want to.” He kissed my cheek and walked off. I watched as Drew walked away and then I shut my eyes tightly.

            I had missed my apartment; as soon as I got in there I was welcomed with my phone ringing. It was Elliot. “Hello,” I answered.

            “We have so much to talk about!” She squealed into the phone.

            “I figured,” I replied in monotone. Ten minutes later I was sitting in my kitchen and Elliot was making me dinner. “So.”

            “So,” She mocked me. “You looked so hot on TV, April and you guys were literally the most perfect couple! Which reminds me, are the two of you together or what?”

            I laughed. “What do you mean? Of course we’re not.”

            “Why not? It’s obvious you guys have feelings for each other!”

            “El, that was our job, we had to make everyone think we had feelings for each other! That’s the whole point of being married!” Elliot rolled her eyes and grabbed my laptop, typing something into the URL and clicking a video.