Chapter 10

Rey's POV

The next two weeks pass by quickly and so did the exams. It's Friday morning; we are in the last class of the semester and everyone is looking forward for the frat party that was going to take place later tonight to celebrate the end of the exams and the start of the holiday season.

Amy and I return to our dorm, where we are greeted by Snowflake, who jumps on my lap as soon as I sit down on my bed.

"Fucking finally.", Amy says, throwing her bag under the bed and collapsing.

I stroke Snowflake's fur and she starts purring, burying her head into my palm. We bought her food regularly and no one knows about her except of Amy and I. (And Niall, but that's irrelevant.)

"You think she'll be alright on her own?", I ask Amy and she nods.

"I'm just surprised that-"

There's a sudden knock on the door, and we share a look. None of us is expecting someone, so this is weird.

I get up from the bed and hide Snowflake under my blanket, before I walk to the door and open it. My heart starts beating faster when I see the Dean himself staring down at me with an emotionless expression.

"We've received and anonymous tip that you have an illegal animal in your room."

I think I'm about to faint.

"What? There's no-no animal.", I stutter, right when I hear Snowflake meow and I can hear her jumping down from to bed.

"Oh, so I guess that that is not a cat?"

"No, it's, let me explain-"

"Ms. Parker, is that cat yours or does it belong to your roommate?"

"It's-it's mine.", I sigh and I know I'm in trouble. "But she was freezing outside and she could've died-"

"That's why animal shelters are for!"

"Please, I just-"

"I expect you to clean your dorm by the end of the year."

"What? You mean-"

"I mean you better not be in this dormitory on January 2nd. Have a good day."

Then he turns around and just leaves.

"Holy shit.", Amy says and I close the door in shock.

"What am I going to do now? My parents are going to kill me if they find out and they're not going to pay for a rent at a flat-wait. Can I join a sorority?"

She shakes her head.

"You can only become a pledge during rush week, which is only at the beginning of each school year."

"I'm fucked.", I say and drop faced down on the bed.

"And not in a good way.", Amy mutters and I shoot her a look.

"Too soon?"

"What do you think?"

I don't go at the party, because I'm too depressed and sad. I choose to stay in the dorm and cuddle with Snowflake while listening to Ed Sheeran on loop.

I ask Amy not to tell anyone about what the Dean told me, and she promises she wouldn't. I was going to call my parents and tell them and ask them what I should do.

An hour after Amy leaves, I get a text from Niall.

Niall: ur not cumin 2 the party????

Rey: nope. Not in the mood right now

Niall: :(

I smile and pull the laptop across my lap to watch Supernatural.