Chapter 1

Rey's POV

"Delilah. DELIlAH!"

I stirred awake thanks to my mum, who was shaking my shoulder. I could see it was dark outside and the digital clock on my desk said it was exactly 10:00pm.

"What mum?", I asked into my pillow, turning on the other side so I could shield myself away from the light coming from the hallway.

She turned the light on and I yelled, fully covering myself up with the blanket.

"Get up! Sam is here, you're leaving for New York in four hours, remember?"

"Sh*t, yeah. Ugh, f*ck."

"Watch your mouth! And go take a shower!"

I sighed as I got out of bed, grabbing the clothes I had set out for the trip. I felt excitement bubbling in my stomach, and I was eager to finally get going, even if that meant leaving Sam behind.

Rey: http://www.polyvore.com/hiii_new_york/set?id=107567820

"What's the date today?", I asked as went to the door to take a shower and prepare myself.

"It's September 9th. Your deadline is the 11th, so you're good. Now go princess, don't want to be late! I'll keep Sam a bit of company in the living room."

And with that she turned away, leaving me alone in my room.

Of course you do

I managed to take a shower and put makeup on in 26 minutes, before I stuffed my Minnie Mouse Niall won for me two years ago in the backpack.

I stared at the wall, wondering what Niall was doing at the exact same moment. I'd gotten over him a long time ago, before I got with Sam and fell in love with him.

In spite of my relationship status, I sometimes found myself thinking about what Niall was doing or thinking at that moment. I still had his red jacket he gave me when I last saw him and the piercing always reminded me of him.

I pulled on a New York black sweatshirt over my plain bra and grabbed the backpack from the desk, ready to go.

As I emerged down the stairs, I could hear my mum using her seductive voice, probably trying to lure my boyfriend with her breast implants.

"Mum, I'm right here please go to bed. With my dad, you know, your husband for like, twenty years."

She turned to me embarrassed, buttoning the three top buttons of her already revealing night gown.

Thank god she never met Niall

Not that Niall can compare to Sam

Sam's better, cutter, hotter, not Niall, smarter, funnier

"Well good luck to you princess and call me as soon as you get there! Remember the credit card we talked about? We're going to send you a monthly amount of $200 but you should find a job, okay? Your dad may also go for work in America a few times, so maybe you're going to meet up. But be good and don't diss your classes, okay?"

I nodded and she smiled.

I'd chosen to sign myself up for literature major (I wrote a couple of songs here and there) and dancing as the extra option, just like Katherine, who took up psychology instead of literature.