Chapter 5

Rey's POV

The next morning was slightly warmer, but I wasn't going to risk it by dressing lightly. It was that time of the year when it was either really cold or really warm outside, but then you'd end up having either hypothermia or a heath stroke during the afternoon.

I chose to put Niall's black jacket on, since I intended to return it to him after the lecture.

"I can't wait to see Mr. Grey today. I wonder how he'll flirt with you this time."

"He was NOT flirting with me, drop it."

She rolled her eyes and threw her Subway wrapper in the garbage, wiping her hands on her skirt.

"Tell that to the rest of the girls in our class and the three guys in the back."

"I bet he just has something about brunettes?"

"Innocent, beautiful brunettes? That's ridiculous and painfully obvious."

"You're exaggerating. And besides, he said he wouldn't date a student."

"Okay, first, dating and fucking are two different things, and second, he said it was illegal, not that he wouldn't do it. You know, the definition of denying means using the word no. What he did was avoid the truth and also avoid denial. I study psychology so don't fuck with me."

We walked over to our seats and I was surprised to see that Niall was already in his seat, next to Ryan and Zayn.

They greeted us and as we sat down, Amy continued:

"Speaking of studying psychology, who ate you out yesterday?"

I chocked on air and heard Niall snicker behind me.

"What? No one."

"Don't lie to me Renee! You're wearing a skirt today, which means you're either trying to impress someone or that someone went down on you last night when I was gone."

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever tried."

"So what you're trying to say is that your intention is to seduce Mr. Grey into fucking you?"

"I don't want to fuck Mr. Grey! I-"

"That's not an appropriate language for a diplomatic institution, Ms. Parker."

My whole body froze as I turned to look at the door where Mr. Grey stood, with amusement in his eyes and briefcase in hand.

"Uh, sorry Sir."

"Good morning class.", he said going to his desk and setting his briefcase on it, before turning to us.

Everyone stood up and returned the greeting.

My cheeks were still on fire as I sat back down.

"Considering that you have such an expanded vocabulary Ms. Parker, why don't you come in front of the class and explain the meaning of the word?"

Where are we, in seventh grade?

"Um, okay?"

I got up and Amy made place for me to slide by and walk at the front of the class next to him.

"So? Um."

"That's quite a short skirt you're wearing Ms. Parker.", he observed, and his fingers grazed the hem of my skirt.

Amy's face changed in a shocked expression, and so did half of the class.

"Sorry?"

"You know it's against the rules to wear short skirts to lectures."