Into Mettaton's Room We Go

Start from the beginning

"That's better."

"Hey, Alex?" Thorax said getting Alex's attention. "I found Mettaton's computer. Turns out he has a laptop."

"Aren't they the same thing?" Alex said, walking to where Thorax was, near the end of Mettaton's bed.

"Um, sort of."

"Well, where is it?"

Thorax looked under the bed and pulled out a silver laptop with a cube robot on one wheel holding a microphone on one hand and holding it's other hand in a peace sign. He placed the laptop on the bed and opened it. When he turned it on, something appeared. That was when the duo realized something. The laptop needed a password.

"A password?!" Alex exclaimed. "Mettaton's laptop has a password?!"

"Uh...I'm just as shocked as you are." Thorax replied. "I didn't even know."

"Neither did I." Spike replied from their earpieces. "Not even Twilight knew."

"Twilight, you are the smart one. We need his password." Alex demanded.

"Um, yes. But there's just one problem..." Twilight said from the earpiece. "I don't know his password."

"WHAT?!" Alex shouted.

"I'm sorry, Alex. I really am. But I didn't know that Mettaton's computer had a password until now."

"Well why didn't you say so?!" Alex said sarcastically. "This has been the worst night of my life! First, I saved the Founder from her demise. Next, my cool stepbrother gets stunned and Ren was about to get killed by Cinderella because Rainbow lied about him calling her a mute basket case. Then, the nindroids attack us on the way to the base. Then, the others and I were training with Undyne. Then, Yang and I almost got eaten by an Ursa. And now this!"

"Um, Alex? You might want to keep it down." Thorax reminded.

"I am not going to calm down!"

"Wait, Cinderella-" Spike stopped. "Actually, I see what you done there."

"Oh, could this night get any worse?!"

Alex and Thorax suddenly heard a click in the door as the young changeling made a gesture at it. With caution, they both went under the bed along with Mettaton's laptop. The two watched the door swing open, but there was no sight of legs anywhere. But they could feel a chill of cold air come in. They watched as the door closed. They even heard the person lock the door. As the air started to get colder and colder, Alex shivered.

"I know you are there." A gloomy voice said, but the two stayed silent. "I can see you two under the bed."

Their eyes widen when they heard that.

"Please come out. I won't tell anyone. The door isn't open, and I already locked it so no one else would come in."

With a sigh, Alex went out from under the bed with Mettaton's laptop. Thorax followed. In front of them was a pure white cartoon-y ghost in a top hat and a bow tie.

"Okay. Okay. You win! You got us." Alex said. "Just please don't tell anyone that we are here, or else they will think we're thieves, and we are not here to steal Mettaton's laptop."

"I know..." The ghost said.

"We are only here to-" Alex stopped herself. "You know?"

"I know who you are." The ghost pulled out his phone, revealing the picture Ruby took. "It was all over Strange Social."

"Uh..."

"It's social media for Strange Ones." Thorax explained. "I would know because I have one."

"What else do you know?" Alex asked.

"I know exactly why you are here." The ghost answered. "You're here to save my cousin."

"You're cousin?" Alex raised an eyebrow.

"Mettaton is actually my cousin. He's just a soul in a robot."

"Huh..."

"Why are you two in here?" The ghost wanted to know. "The party is downstairs."

"Um, let's just say that someone is here to kill your cousin." Thorax answered. "We need to find them just so we can protect him."

"And so we found Mettaton's laptop." Alex said. "And we need his password in order to find them and protect him."

"I know his password." The ghost said.

Alex's eyes widen. "Really?"

"Uh huh."

"Great."

Thorax knelt down and placed the laptop back on the bed. He opened it and readied himself for typing as Alex and the ghost joined him.

"It's MT4LIFE." The ghost said. "Four as in number four. All capitalized."

"Twilight. We know his password." Alex said into her earpiece. "MT4Life, number four, all caps."

As Thorax submitted the password, it got accepted. Moving the cursor to the camera picture, he clicked on it.

Alex let out a deep breath. "Let's do this..."