Part 27

(Angela's POV)

I came out from the infirmary, wiping more fresh tears as I walked pass Amélie who already held my shoulder, trying to look at my face. I jumped from the sudden contact and faced her, before I looked away.

"Not going so well?"

I stopped right in front of her, still wiping more stray tears.

"Let me... just go to my cell... you don't need to come with me..." I croaked. Amélie tried to look inside the infirmary, then she looked around.

"I can't do that, or else the guards would be suspicious seeing you walking alone without escort."

It was an utter silence between us, until she left me standing there alone, walking towards a path behind me, shouting.

"You! Over there!" Then I heard a woman's voice talking to her. It was quite a while, until I felt a hand touching my shoulder.

I turned around to see an unfamiliar woman looking at me.

"Ma'am. Let me escort you back to your room." I turned to look at Amélie from afar, she gestured her head towards the woman, telling me to go with her instead.

"You'll go with her, I got to discuss with our little wraith."
______________________________________

It was morning already, I woke up in the interrogation room with tiredness in my eyes. My stomach started to growl, but there's no food for me this time. No matter, I'd rather starve
than getting a soup from Priscilla, I thought. I leaned on the wall, eyes all swollen. I haven't found any mirrors to look how bad I was, but that wasn't my greatest concern.

Once again, the door opened telling me that someone wanted to meet me, it's like a daily routine. I turned to see Priscilla smiling wickedly at me, raising her eyebrow as she looked at me.

"Good morning, Angela. Had a good night's sleep?" She asked me, although she already knew the answer.

I looked away, no wanting to talk. She just laughed softly.

"Aww... did I already break you? Not fun at all." She mused. I kept myself shut. Then I heard her heels clicking towards me, I looked up to see her looming above me with that smug grin.

"It's his checkup time, Angela. Or you don't want to see him after you already knew who he is?" She asked me. My eyes turned away and my mouth twisted into a frown. It was partially true, after I knew who he is, guilt started to fill inside me and I was afraid to look at him. She smirked at me, and tsked a few times.

"That's no good, I thought that would actually help you guys to make up. Forgetting the past."

"Past isn't something that we can let go so easily..." I answered weakly.

"Oh? Is it now?" She smiled at me, then she turned away to walk towards the exit.

"Geez, now we have to clean all this ugly drawings... I don't know he got the dumb idea to vandalize all he pleases." She spoke to herself loud enough for me to hear.

"Boys, do me a favor and escort her to the infirmary." She instructed the guards outside the room and they obliged.

I looked at the two guards coming in, stood in front of me menacingly.
______________________________________

I was escorted to the infirmary, spotted him at the same place, but he didn't look at me, despite knowing I was here. The guards shoved me inside the infirmary and I slowly walked towards Gabriel. He didn't say anything, only staring at the blank ceiling. I sat beside him on the chair and looked at him. He seemed fine. The heart monitor showed no abnormalities, and his bandages didn't need any changes. I don't see the reason why I should check him. Any sane person would see he was okay.