Part 16

She woke up with a gasp and sweat already covered her body. Another nightmare, she thought. But it was expected. The incident that haunt her nights came back. She let out a sigh but it wasn't because of relief, she just too tired to handle any more torture; physical, mind and emotions. She really needed some sleep, but if this continues, she don't know if she'd ever take another nap. Her rude awakening was too sudden, and she felt a sharp pain throbbing in her head. She propped her hand on the floor, trying to support her body. Little did she know that her hand accidently hit something on the floor.

She turned to look what it was. It was a bottle of mineral water. Who put it there? She took it into her hands and checked the water. Nothing fishy about it, and it looks normal. Maybe the masked man must've put it here while she was asleep. Her mind started to wonder about the man, why was he being so nice? First, he just wanted to slap her all day if he could; now, he's feeding her like a caged animal. Though, that didn't make it sound any better. But still, he would've let her starve to death since he knew she was no use of them. Maybe because he was searching for something else, that would explain his unpredictable actions. She didn't know how many days was she already in this 'prison', as far as she know, people don't like keeping their captive for so long. They would try to dispose of the captives if they weren't any use. And he did it otherwise, it was like he was stalling some time until the right one comes, but she couldn't figure that out.

Her head started to throb harder, and she held it trying her best to conceal the unbearable pain. She started to curl herself up and shifted her body countless times. Tears already threatened to fall from her closed eyes. She felt uncomfortable at the side of her hips, and realized there's something in her pocket. She fished out the object,

It was the medicine.

She opened the bottle and discovered some pills in it. She was uncertain whether it is a good idea to take it, but the Sombra girl told her it'll help with the headache; and right now she really needed to do something about it. She gulped down the lump in her throat that she didn't realise, and slowly took a pill out from the bottle. Her hands were shaky, as she slowly let the pill in her hand closer to her mouth. With a few hesitations, finally she put the pill inside her mouth and took the water bottle and gulped the water down to her throat. The water had moisten up the dryness and the thirst that she held for so long.

Next thing she knew, the bottle was already empty. That really hits the spot. She let out a contented sigh and just laid on the cold floor. She felt so grimy, with all the sweat and rolling on the concrete. She attempted to smell her own body, boy she really needed a shower. She held the medicine bottle and examined it once again. There's no descriptions on it, hell, it's just blank. A thought came into mind, what medicine it was. Did the Talon started making medicines now? If it does, she wondered if it's dangerous. She didn't have the Talon's trust, and she will never trust them. Those are bad guys, so there's no reason for her to make it an exception. The sound of the door opening caught her attention and she quickly sat up to look at her visitor. For the first time, she was hoping it was 'Reaper' guy, and for the first time, she felt disappointed.

An unfamiliar man came in, wearing a uniform almost the same as any of the guards, only it looked more 'different'. His face was a bit tanned and chiseled, and his hair was cut like a man in army kind of style. He walked towards her with a sly grin on his face. She didn't like where this is going.

"Doctor! So good to see you again. How's the room we prepared for you?" He spoke in an enthusiastic tone, though she knew he was being sarcastic.

"Do I know you..?" Angela replied, the man just frowned, but showed a sign of feint offended.

"Aww... don't you remember me? Let me ring a bell." He smirked. Then, he continued,