Part 22

Can someone tell me how McHanzo was born?
______________________________________
[Edited]

Morning came, and Angela already was awake. She couldn't sleep. Something's wrong. She got up from the floor, looking at her surroundings. She hugged her knees and leaned on the wall, still indulged herself into deep thought. Something inside her wrenched so hard, it pained her; but she couldn't guess what was making her so restless. Though deep down, she knew there was trouble outside the interrogation room, only she didn't know if the trouble would harm her.

Her eyes were a bit tired, since all of the silent crying last night really took a toll on her. She still didn't know if she wanted to see him today, afraid that he might asked her more questions that she couldn't bear to answer. But seeing his mask for at least one minute for one day, was enough to make her feel better, because she knew he was watching her.

Her stomach growled, and last night's food's tray was left empty. She wondered why he didn't take it. The door opened, and she turned to see him, but instead, her face dropped.

Bringing a tray, the sounds of her heels coming towards Angela clicked every realization in the doctor's mind. She put the tray in front of the captive before she took a sit in front of her. Angela didn't look at the food, her eyes still glued to the woman before her, widened. Her lips trembled, trying to find a good word to start a conversation, but she was still shocked. She only looked at the doctor apathetically, giving her a soft smile.

"How are you, Angela?" Still speechless. But then, she managed to speak.

"A-Amélie...?" Widowmaker sighed when she spoke her name, feeling a bit nostalgic.

"You must have a lot of questions for me, but I'll explain later." She retorted. Angela was still in awe, but then something else caught into her mind. The way Angela looked behind Widowmaker, eyes still searching for something, the sniper knew what; or more like who; she was looking for.

"W-Where is he..?" Finally the expected question was brought up, and Widowmaker sighed heavily. Then she looked at Angela with saddened eyes.

"That is why I come here to meet you." She raised an eyebrow, not getting what she was saying.

"But maybe we can talk about it later on. Why don't you eat first?" She pushed the tray closer to the doctor. Angela looked down to look at her meal, it was the first thing she ate when she came here.

A dry bread.

Angela took the bread and blandly eat it. It wasn't much, but beggars can't be choosers. Widowmaker only watched her eat the bread. She didn't know what she felt when she looked at the woman, maybe pity? But she wasn't sure. Maybe because she looked worse. The gauze on her face told her she had been through hell, but it looks like a certain man seemed to take care of her well-being. Her ankle looked like it was getting better, but the almost unseen marks on her neck told her a new story.

Widowmaker only sat there, looking at her. Her mouth slowly munching on the hard bread, life drained out from her eyes. As Angela finished her food, Widowmaker pushed the tray aside and scooted closer to her.

"Looks like you've been better, Angela." Angela looked down, only nodded slowly with a blank face. She seemed a bit shock at the moment, since meeting a friend that was kidnapped years ago wasn't something that people could take it in quickly.

"It seems like you're in a bit of a shock..." Widowmaker spoke, but she didn't sound surprised, not even looked surprised.

"You kept yourself quiet for all these years. We thought you were captured and tortured, or worse..." Angela couldn't say any further, and Widowmaker sighed. She knew what she was going to say.