Part 4

-3rd POV-

The sound of boiling water slowly faded as the electric kettle turned itself off signaling that the hot water was done, Dr. Rashed took the kettle's handle into his hand and poured some in two mugs until the room filled with the strong scent of coffee. The steam coming out from the hot water had clouded his reading spectacles that he was wearing right now, and he took one mug and offered to the blonde doctor that was sitting on a maroon couch beside his workplace. He took a sit at a single couch that was at the opposite of Angela.

"You can't resist coffee, can you?" He retorted. She took the mug from his hand and watched his motions as he removed the fogged glasses and took a long, contented sip from his mug.

"Thank you, doctor." Angela looked down to see her reflection on the coffee and slowly drank the hot caffeine.

"I'm very glad that you're willing to come and help the people here, Ms. Angela." Dr. Rashed took her attention as he continued drinking.

"Oh, it was nothing. That is my job after all. I see that you have patients too many for you to handle alone."

"Yes. The weather here is not very friendly at this time, so they tend to get diseases very quickly. But I can't stop but admire your dedication to help others, my lady. An astounding trait to have in a doctor." Angela looked down avoiding eye contact from the veteran doctor, hiding her small blush from his compliment.

"I mean, ever since from the incident happened in your clinic, it must be traumatic. But you're willing to come here in a short time, no one would ever recover from that so fast." The sound of amusement was clear through his words. Then suddenly he slapped his forehead.

"Oh, I shouldn't have reminded you that. My apologies."

"It's fine. I managed to ignore that incident." Probably a lie.

"I heard that the Talons had wreak havoc the place, so you worked with the Overwatch?"

"Yes. But that was years ago. Now, Overwatch has been dead for a long time."

Dr. Rashed gave out a hearty laugh, and Angela jumped at his sudden outburst. Did she just said something funny?

"Forgive my rudeness, so you must have known Professor Winston?"

"You know him?"

"Why, yes. I used to do experiments with him, discovering the power of science together. We were lab partners, since we met at some random science fair. He always called me when he had the crazy ideas that he wanted me to help. It was good times, but then after the explosion, I haven't heard him ever since. I wonder what happened to that old chimp?" His eyes wandered at the ceiling, reminiscing the old memories with a small smile crept on his face, but suddenly faded into an almost unnoticed frown as he mentioned the explosion. Angela face twisted into depression when he suddenly reminded her the explosion. A forbidden memory that she was trying to forget flashed into her mind.

"Well, that big guy did mentioned your name."

Angela looked up, eyes widened with shock.

"R-really?"

"Certainly. He told me you were--are the best doctor the Overwatch ever had. Finally cracked the code on nanotechnology and bring it to a whole new level."

"Oh, that was nothing. The research still had its flaws."

"But you resurrect a ninja. What's his name again? Uhh... Genji, correct?" He snapped his fingers when he guessed the name. Then he rubbed his chin, pondering on a thought.

I'm SorryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara