Part 9

"Doc.... rise and shine.." she heard a familiar accent, a finger poking her shoulders countless times trying to wake her up. She shifted slightly and turned away from the distraction; the poking went to a halt for a minute, then it came back.

"Doc... It's mornin'. Don'tcha want breakfast?"

She pulled her covers almost to her head, trying to block out everything that disturbs her sleep.

"Five more minutes...." a sigh was heard coming out from the person, then followed by footsteps slowly leaving the room and a click of a door signalling her the person left the room.

She sighed contentedly and her shoulders relaxed. But just as she was about to indulge herself into her slumber, the door opened once again, and this time the light flickered on, blinding her eyes even though they were closed shut. She was about to hide completely under her covers from the rude awakening, until her nose caught a whiff in the air.

Coffee.

She slowly got up from her bed and turned to see where the aroma was coming from. She saw McCree in his usual attire, holding a tray with a complete set of toast with scrambled eggs on the side, not to forget a cup of coffee.

"Breakfast in bed, ma'am?" He slowly walked towards her bed, carefully bringing the tray. Angela completely sat up on her bed, waiting for her scrumptious meal to come. He put the tray onto her lap, which she was still groggy from her sleep. She rubbed her eyes and looked at the food that was served hot.

"You don't need to do all of this, McCree."

"As long it'll help you to get up from bed, I would do it everyday." He tilted his hat and looked at the doctor.

"Did you made these? It looks appetizing."

"Well, could've done better." She could hear the pride from his tone of voice.

She took the cutlery and put the scrambled eggs on the toast. With a crunchy bite, he could guess that she was enjoying it.

"It's delicious. Thank you McCree."

"Nothing to it, ma'am."

It was a complete silence, only the sounds of her munching down the food before her and McCree just standing beside her like an idiot. She spoke to make it less awkward.

"So, did Winston and Tracer already left for Numbani?"

"Right after they paid you a little visit, the chopper left with them few minutes after." He answered. Angela just hummed since her mouth was full. She gulped down the toast and eggs, and continued.

"Other than Lucio, is there someone else who hasn't arrived yet?"

"Well... Mei just got here last night. She heard you almost got kidnapped, so she went to check on you. Buuutt.. you already went for bed." He explained.

"I see... How was she by the way?"

"Probably chilly. She kept wearing her coat like there's a blizzard going on here." He shrugged.

As she was enjoying her breakfast, a knock on the door took their attention to the entrance. Came in a peeking silhouette of a woman, wearing big spectacles and thick jacket despite the hot climate.

Speak of the devil.

"Did I interrupt something?" She asked sweetly as in a soft whisper.

"Oh, Mei! Come in! You came in right on time." Angela called out to the scientist, offering her to join them.

"I heard what happened to you... are you hurt, doctor?" Mei came in with a concerned look, but Angela smiling face made Mei felt a bit relieved. It's been so long that they've met each other after all of them split up.