Part 7

She went inside a huge enclosed space through the doors . It was deadly quiet, and the room was pitch black; but suddenly a flicker of light turn on followed by the others illuminating the whole room.

"Welcome back, Dr. Angela." The electronic voice filled the room, acknowledging her presence.

"It's been a while, Athena." She went to her work table and hung her cardigan at the chair, putting her bag on top of the table.

"It really has, doctor. I have kept your lab in security while you were away." She went to her cabinets to see if there's anything peculiar around there, though she knew nothing had changed. Some of the medicines need to be thrown away since years passed, it would have high probability that there's the expired ones.

"Thank you for keeping this lab safe, Athena. Would you happen to know if there's any checklists to spare?"

"If you're looking for your supply list, there's a spare one that you always stand by inside one of your drawers." She checked one of the drawers at her work table according to what Athena said, but it wasn't there.

"Your other drawers."

"Wait, I have more?" A beam of red light came out of nowhere, some sort of a laser, was pointing at the huge drawers that people would put it in their office, standing tall at the other end of the lab.

She went closer to the pointed area, walked pass the white table-looking bed that they used for surgeries. She opened the bottom drawer and found a bunch of papers that she never remembered. Searching for the list that she was looking for, she finally found it and pulled it out, not trying to ripped it apart since it was stuck in between the heavy papers. With a successful attempt, she closed the heavy drawer and went to her worktable through the scattered papers all over the floor. Even though the lab was untouched, yet the place was already messy before it was left. She carefully tiptoed herself to avoid some of the papers as she possibly could until something caught onto her steps.

She lifted her foot and discovered an old picture, back on the days when she was younger. A smile crept up on her face, and she crouched down to pick it up. She examined the old picture, there was her, in between Torbjörn and Reinhardt along with Amelie by her side. Ana was resting her hands on a small girl, identical to her, with two men right behind her. Jack and Gabriel.  She walked towards her desk, not breaking her gaze on the photo she was holding. She placed the meaningful picture on top of her table with the list.

Somehow that didn't help her to give the spirit to start checking her lab. She had something else in mind. The lab could wait for a day, right?

"Maybe I start checking the supplies later, Athena. I think I should get some rest." She reached for her bag and turned to walk at the entrance of her lab, she stopped when Athena responded to her.

"Would you like me to tell your room's whereabouts?"

"No need. I remember where it is. Thank you Athena."

"Have a good rest, doctor." The lights went out and Angela left the lab, leaving the door to shut on its own.

She walked through the hallway, taking a turn at a junction which revealed several doors along the corridor. With every step she took towards the end of the corridor, she took every glance on every door to see the names imprinted on them. She passed Lucio, D.va, Genji, and many others. Until she saw two neighboring doors, she stopped in between them and looked at the wooden doors. Both men that fell from the explosion, but bodies were never recovered. She decided to enter one of them, although that wouldn't be wise; but she'd do it anyway.