Chapter 16

Samara

"So, Samara, how are you and August?" Nikki asked as she, Kyra and I looked at our menus. We were in a cute little restaurant that overlooked the ocean and sat directly on the beach.

"We're good," I replied vaguely and Nikki raised an eyebrow at me.

"Just good?"

"Yes, just good."

"Mhm, well the man you're just good with is heading this way," Nikki said causing me to snap my head into the direction she was pointing at before realizing I had been played.

"Okay so maybe we're a little better than good," I said causing Nikki to roll her eyes.

"You wouldn't say," she said causing all of us to laugh.

"So how has this week of dating August been?" Kyra asked and I took a sip of my water before responding.

"If I'm being honest, absolutely amazing. August is just so sweet and funny and full of surprises. I never expected this side of him."

"Sounds like someone is whipped," Nikki said to Kyra and she nodded agreeing.

"I am not whipped."

"Oh no, you defiantly are. August has gotten you dick-whipped and you ain't even received the damn thing yet," Kyra said right as the waiter returned to our table with our food, his face slightly red with embarrassment after overhearing what we had talked about. He placed our food on the table and gave us a polite smile before rushing back into the safety of the restaurant's kitchen.

"Thanks a lot, Kyra, you ruined a boy's innocence," I said with a laugh and she shrugged her shoulders.

"He'll be fine but the better question is will you be?"

"What do you mean?"

"Look how whipped you are now, imagine when you really get something. You gon be running around here looking for the perfect wedding dress," Kyra said causing her and Nikki to burst out laughing.

"August gon have her Aug-dick-ted," Nikki said earning more laughter from Kyra.

"Y'all can both kiss my ass," I said rolling my eyes and the girls laughed even harder as I flipped them the bird. After a few minutes, the laughter finally ceased and Kyra whipped the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes

"Speak of the devil, here comes August," Kyra said and I rolled my eyes. 

"I'm not falling for that one again. August--" 

"Yes?" A familiar voice that made my heart beat 20 times faster replied. Turning around I came face to face with the man of the hour, himself. 

"What are you doing down here?" 

"A nigga can't come check on his baybeh now?" He asked placing a hand on his heart, faking hurt. 

"No, he can't," I said causing him to laugh. 

"What are you doing later today?" 

"Nothing that I know of, why?" 

"You. Me. Dinner. 8." 

"Is that your way of asking me?" 

"Damn right," he said with a grin and I rolled my eyes. "Meet me in tha' lobby by 8 and don't be late." 

"And if I am?" 

"Then daddy Aug gon handle that ass," he whispered against my ear before looking up and giving the girls a grin. "It was great seeing you ladies."