Chapter 4

Yall seemed to forget who Hailey was so imma give yall a small reminder

Samara's POV

"So what are we doing today Miss. Gray," Nedra asked as she crossed one leg over the other trying to look grown. I fought the urge to laugh and took a seat beside her on the couch.

"Nedra you can call me Samara"

"Really?" She asked smiling and I nodded.

"Yes really. And I was thinking you could decide what we do today."

"Can we go to the mall?"

"Of course. Here why don't you get ready and then I'll do your hair If you want." I offered and she nodded quickly.

"Yes please. Daddy is bad at it. I always go to school with my braids sticking up." She frowned at the thought and I laughed before sending her upstairs to get changed as I headed to the kitchen to get August's list of emergency numbers. It was placed on the table in an on envelope labeled 'Samara' with a note attached.

I really appreciate you doing this for me. Let me know if you need anything - Aug.

I smiled before placing the envelope in my bag and heading to the couch.

"Come on Nedra!"

"Okay!" A few minutes later Nedra came into view in a cute blue denim rompers and I smiled.

"You look gorgeous, Nedra."

"I know," she said before shooting me a cheeky grin. "Thank you for the compliment. What are you going to do to my hair?"

"I was thinking something cute and simple. Pigtails?"

"Okay." She sat on the floor in front of the couch and handed me her brush and comb. Quickly I got to work on her hair and a few minutes later she was done and looking more than adorable.

"Alright pretty girl, let's head to the mall."

"Okay." Nedra lead the way, making sure to grab the house key before I lead her to my car. Her mouth dropped open before she ran over to it striking a pose.

"Can I have a photo with it please?"

"Sure." I pulled out my phone and she posed with a bright grin before I snapped the photo. Satisfied, she hopped into the vehicle and I slid into the drivers seat.

"Put on your seatbelt"

"Yes ma'am," she quickly buckled up her seatbelt before I checked my mirrors and pulled out zooming off to the mall.

***

"I want that dress! No that dress! I want them all!" Nedra said as she pulled me into Rainbow which happened to be her favourite store.

"Nedra, calm down alright. Now you can get three dresses, that's it." She frowned and paced both hands on her hips.

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"I'm going to tell my daddy," she said triumphantly and I looked down at her amused.

"Please do. Matter of fact I'll call him for you," I pulled out my cell phone and she quickly grabbed it out of my hands looking scared.

"No! Never mind. Let's not bother him. He's a busy man." She mumbled and I couldn't help but shake my head before placing a kiss on her forehead and crouching down so we were an even height.

"How about you get your three dresses and then we get you some chocolate icecream?"

"Really!" She asked with a grin and I nodded causing her to throw her arms around my neck and give me a hug. "Thank you miss Gray- I mean Samara"