Chapter 15

Happy Thanksgiving To All My American Readers!!

Read Authors note. IMPORTANT.

Samara's POV

"Hello, everyone! I just want to thank you for being here to support Trey and myself. Around 7pm we will be having a few activities so until then please enjoy yourself, go exploring and see you in a few hours." Nikki finished her speech with a smile before everyone headed up to their rooms.

"So what do you want to do first Mara?"

"I hear there is a nearby beach, maybe we can head there and check it out?" I offered and August licked his lips nodding.

"Sounds good. Let's head to the room and grab our stuff and then we can head out." August lead me to the elevator, his hand resting on the small of my back as we entered. The ride up was filled with a comfortable silence that gave me time to think. Ever since August had proposed the idea of us being a couple on this trip, he had stopped the sexual comments-- and touches and has been the perfect gentlemen. And I couldn't stand it! I missed how he used to be. I craved it.

The elevator doors opened on our floor and he lead us to our room before opening the door. The room was gorgeous. A king-sized bed laid in the middle of the room, the ceiling to floor windows overlooking the view of the beautiful baby blue water crashing onto the sand just to return back to the ocean.

We wasted no time getting changed before quickly heading downstairs. After getting directions from the front desk, we walked at least five minutes before the beach came into view. Carribbean music blasted from the speakers as people on the beach were having a great time. There was beach volleyball, a dance competition, people getting a tan and an open bar.

"What do you wanna do first?" August asked.

"Swimming. First one to the water wins," I challenged before quickly peeling off my top and slipping out of my shorts before taking off towards the water. I was almost there before August lifted me off the ground and cannonballed in. 

"August!"

"Samara!" He mocked with a smile before pulling my body closer to his. "So what do I win?"

"What do you want?" I asked biting my lip.

"A kiss."

"A kiss?" I asked shocked. Where the hell had August went?

"Yup."

"Fine," I leaned in to kiss him before he pulled back. 

"Not yet."

"Not yet?" I asked incredulously. "Okay something's up. What's going on August?"

"Nun Mara." I shot him a look and he chuckled. "Forreal."

"Well then why have you been acting strange since we got off the airplane."

"Look Mara--" August started before getting cut off by the sound of someone yelling.

"Hey, you two want to join us in beach volleyball?" The guy asked signaling to him and his girlfriend and August looked at me for confirmation before nodding. 

"You sure you wanna do this Mara? I'd hate ta' hurt ya feelings," he teased.

"Bring it August."

***

"What was that about hurting my feelings August?" I gloated as we headed towards the bar. After taking an embarrassing 22-9 loss, August didn't have much to say now.

"That wasn't fair. I was distracted."

"By what?" Instead of responding August licked his lips, locking his gaze onto my chest causing me to roll my eyes. "My eyes are up here."