Ch26

Hermione woke up to the bright sunshine in her eyes. She budged a little until she realised that there was someone beside her. She entirely forgot about Draco living with her now. His arm was wrapped around her waist, and his head was buried in her hair.
Hermione carefully got out of bed to freshen up. Draco stirred a little but thankfully he wasn't a light sleeper.
Hermione headed to the kitchen to fix breakfast. She wasn't in a hurry as she usually would be, because this Minister of Law enforcement was under constant vigilance. For security purposes of course.
The doorbell of her apartment rang, which startled her from her thoughts. Hermione swayed to the door to see no one outside.
'Must be a little kid playing a prank' she thought.
Just as she began to shut the door she shrieked.
Not a normal shriek, A really loud one.
Draco woke up and ran towards her.
"Hermione!" He shouted. "You okay?"
As soon as he reached Hermione, she sinked herself into his arms. Draco sighed and wrapped his arms around her.
There at the bottom of the door was a white dead rabbit, with the words "you're next." Written on it in its own blood.
"Shh Hermione its alright. Im here with you." Draco tried to calm her down. Hermione was shaking and tears rolled down her cheek.
Draco shut the door and seated Hermione on the couch.
"I'll tell Potter." Draco said and cast a patronus which was ironically a dragon, and told it to inform Harry and Ginny about what happened.
"Who could have done something so terrible." Hermione said in barely a whisper.
"Someone very very cruel Hermione. But you don't worry. I'm here with you and I wont let anything Happen to you." Draco assured her.

*******

"How Dare he!!" Carrow smashed a vase violently to the ground.
"Alec you'll have the mudblood dead in no time." Pansy said.
"NO!" Carrow shouted again.
"You will NOT KILL her. Torture her. Show her pain. Let the other watch her suffer. Let them see her die slowly and painfully." He ordered Pansy.
"Brilliant. I will enjoy that." Pansy replied.
"NO! Not you! You will not do anything! The young Malfoy will do it at his own hands...." Carrow let out an evil laugh.
"Don't rush Parkinson. Take your time. Plan it out carefully. We want them all to surrender, to kneel to us." Carrow explained.
"Alec her barriers! Her mental Barriers are held by Draco! He is far far better than us at it. We stand no chance." Maya said as she entered the courtroom of the mansion.
"I'll see to that myself." Alec said and took a sip of firewhiskey.

********
"Harry! We need to tell her! Not only is she our priority but our best mate!" Ginny exclaimed.
"Blimey Harry! She's like your sister. Tell her!"Rom chimed in.
"She's already tensed enough. She barely is happy and now that she is...." Harry trailed off.
The trio stared at eachother and the paper in Harry's hands.
Harry figured out something which was apparently quite important. And he was hiding it from Hermione.
He stared at the paper.

Gina Miles
Ryan McAdams
Ariel Chester
Nicole Grey
Greta Granger
Ella Mongomery
Rabbit

Harry picked up a pen and circled the first letters of evey name.

G
R
A
N
G
E
R

This was exactly what was wrong.
Just then Alice stormed into Harry's office breathing heavily.
"Whoa! Alice is everything alright?" Ron asked as he stood up.
"No at all. Potter the bodies!" Alice exclaimed.
"What about them?" Harry asked.
"They they...." Alice fell to the floor, hyperventilating and then unconsious.

------------------------------

Hello! Hehe sorry guys! I am so so sorry. I've been at a writing hiatus lately.
Writer's block....
But here I am.
And just so you all know, one freaking thousand reads!!!! I am really happy rn.
Thank you so so much readers and fellow ship-mates.
This actually means alot to me!
While you're waiting check out my other story, Random book of Random ideas.

The usual drill
Vote comment suggest share
Xoxo
Krisha