chapter twenty seven - every life matters. *unedited*

When Bellamy and I made it into his tent, he pointed towards the spot infront of hus bed, looking at me with a stern expression. "Stay there," he told me before he disappeared behind the tent flap, leaving me standing there awkwardly in his tent alone. But it didn't take long until the older Blake sibling to come back with several strips of cloth in his hand, and a canteen in the other. 

 I raised an eyebrow up at him as my eyes glanced at the objects he had to clean my wounds. "Bellamy, I can take care of myself." I reminded him while shaking my head.

"Never said you couldn't." Bellamy gave a snarky reply, and this is when I noticed I wasn't just here for him to clean my shoulder. "Now, off with the jacket." He gestured, and I stood there with my arm crossed over my stomach.

"Don't make me ask twice, Dakota." He sighed out, getting impatient. I rolled my brown eyes in annoyance, sighing in frustration as I pulled my jacket off my shoulders dramatically to get the point across that I never asked for this, and I didn't want him to nurse my wounds when I was fine. 

I winced out as the jacket slipped against my wound, and then threw the jacket onto Bellamy's bedroll, making the owner walk over towards me with a wet cloth. My occasional winces were the only thing filling the silence as he dabbed the blood off from my wound.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Bellamy snapped, glancing up through his curls.

"What?" I questioned.

"You ran right towards the Grounders that were trying to kill you, Dakota!" He snapped, and I winced when he applied to much pressure on my wound.

I rolled my eyes, "For fuck sakes, Bellamy. I was saving Clarke's life." I yanked my arm away from him. I was completely livid, feeling the anger start to boil in my veins.

"You could've got yourself killed." He replied, grabbing my arm again.

"Clarke would've got killed if I never done anything. I was doing everyone a favor!"

"Well you damn near got yourself killed in the process and I had to save your life." Bellamy snapped back.

"Jesus Christ." I huffed. "I never asked for you to help me." I yelled back at him. "I'm sorry that you think life is disposable, but to me every life matters down here." I watched as Bellamy's gaze darkened, and I could literally feel the heat radiating off of him from how much anger he was trying to hold in. "I don't need saving, I had everything in control before you had to recklessly shoot."

"Really? Because they had Grounder's in the trees ready to shoot your head off." Bellamy snapped back, and that's when I completely boiled over.

My eyes flashed red, and I held my hand up getting ready to strike, but Bellamy caught my arm before it could touch his cheek. His eyes darkened down at me, and I held up my chin, telling him that I couldn't be intimidated. My hair was flying around, from my rapid breathing, and that's when Bellamy did the most surprising thing that had ever happened since I came down here. He grabbed the side of my face with his left hand, and crashed his lips into mine.

My whole being froze in place, and my mind went blank for a moment. It took me a second to process what was happening. My body instantly reacted, and I started to kiss him back. Our kiss was hungry and powerful, as if all the anger, and the sexual tension we had bottled up, suddenly began to pour out.

My hand instantly relaxed, and that's when Bellamy decided to let go off my hand that was going to swing at him. My hand gripped onto his bicep as Bellamy snaked an arm around my waist, instantly pulling me closer to him. I groaned as Bellamy tugged onto my hair, and our kiss deepened. Bellamy's hand trailed down to the small of my back, and it got progressively lower.