( CHAPTER ONE - PRISONER 137)

CHAPTER ONE - PRISONER 137

         DAKOTA BEGAN TO  fiddle with the chains that bounded her hands together, her eyes lingering on her paint set across the room. She had the urge to paint something, something to remind herself about the last moments that she has spent in this pitiful cell. Her father had come early for his visit, and as he was leaving, he had cuffed her hands together. She wondered why, but she didn't the question, and he didn't explain why she needed her hands restrained.

Dakota's brown eyes scanned the room that was splashed with colors of the rainbow, beautiful stained water colors paintings covered the walls around the girl, things that she drew over the course of almost three years.

She had been counting down the days as her eighteenth birthday was right around the corner and that only meant one thing: it was nearly time to get floated.

Dakota had spent a lot of time to come to terms with what she had done, part of her thought that if she had never stole supplies for her ex-boyfriend Murphy, she would still be working along side Raven, her best-friend.

She wasn't scared of the fate that was waiting for her. She had spent almost three years in the stupid cell and after awhile of sitting alone, she had prepared herself for her fate.

Suddenly, the door burst open behind the girl and five guards plodded in, their heavy black combat boots causing echo's in the small grey cell. Her brown eyes shot up and her lips twisted up in a smirk when her eyes laid upon one guard in particular, standing behind the others with a worried expression on his face.

He was scared of her.

"Prisoner one-three-seven," The first guard whom was placing a silver box on the metal table spoke up, "Against the wall." He ordered.

Dakota stood up slowly, not taking her hands off the several officers that stood before her. "Oh, come now. I don't bite." She smiled. "You really think I could do anything with my hands bound like this, officer?" She held up her hands which were already in handcuffs.

"Don't make me repeat myself," The guard's tone hardened when Dakota didn't make any motion to move. "Face the wall." The guard repeated his demand and flicked open the metal box.

Her brown eyes caught the glimpse of a steel cuff, much thicker than the chains that were already bound to her wrists. "What's that?" She questioned.

Her body went rigid as one of the guards ran out of patience and shoved Dakota against the wall, her face squished up against the cold grey wall.

"Right arm." One of the guards were ordered to come behind and restrain her. That's when a horrified scream erupted outside of her cell block, and right then and there she knew, something was terribly wrong. Her head flew back without a warning and hit the guard behind her in the nose. She then elbowed him in the chest, gaining her the distance that she needed.