( CHAPTER ELEVEN - ON THE RUN )

CHAPTER ELEVEN - ON THE RUN

     THEY HAD TREKKED THROUGH the forest for nearly half-hour when Dakota was starting to get real tired of just walking. The thought of Grounders could be lurking in the forest and watching them had Dakota on edge as she followed behind the group, keeping watch from behind them.

 Dakota had no idea why she out of all people were helping a child who was getting away from murder, but even she knew in the situation-how scared the little girl was. Dakota herself was declared a murderer, serial killer at worst.

  "Do you have any idea where were going, Spacewalker?" Dakota's loud voice split the silence that fell upon the group rather quickly. Neither of them answered. "So we're just gonna wander out here a little more until Murphy finds us? He will find us, you know." 

 "I have a plan," Finn promised. 

 From beside him, the blonde rolled her eyes as she trekked through the forest, hand on the handles of her backpack which hung heavily on her back. "It would be nice to share that plan with me," 

 He shrugged and repeated, "Trust me. I have a plan."

 Dakota, hearing the remark, rolled her brown eyes and trudged behind the two when Charlotte slid her hand into the pale hand of Clarke, seeking comfort, but this stopped Clarke dead in the middle of the forest. Without realizing it, she shouted. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" 

 Finn turned around as he heard the harsh voice of the princess, and Dakota stopped in her tracks, her eyebrows raising on her forehead as Clarke snatched her hand back from her hold. "Just because we saved you, doesn't mean you're forgiven. Got it?" Clarke snapped rather harshly, looking down at the already frightened girl. 

  "She's just a kid," Finn started in a disapproving tone, and Clarke shrugged. 

 "She's a killer. You killed someone Charlotte- ended his life." Clarke shook her head with distaste in her eyes for the small girl, "Did you even think about that for even one second?" Clarke's blue eyes turned to the shameful Charlotte, but she didn't feel an ounce of pity in that moment.

 Charlotte blinked back while her mouth opened, her lips trembling with fear as her eyes began to widen even more. Clarke seen her look away from her, the little girl almost in tears. 

Clarke stepped forward, grabbing the girl by her shoulders to give her a slight shake. "Look at me! You can't just kill someone to make yourself feel better."

 Before Charlotte could respond in any capacity, there was a loud shout, "Charlotte! Clarke, Finn, and Dakota can't save you!"

 Dakota turned back on her heel. "Are we just going to stand here all day and wait for him to come to us?" She snapped as her breathing was beginning to become unsteady, her hair flying out of her face with each breath she took. When no one answered her, she spoke up again. "No I didn't think so. Let's move."