XII.|BLUE EYES

XII|Blue Eyes

XII|Blue Eyes

Maia's P.O.V

Right now I'm sitting in Derek's loft with Stiles and Cora, they are talking about something that I have not payed attention to until now when Cora said something that caught my attention, "He wasn't always like this when I met him" Cora states and I raise an eyebrow.

"What was he like?" I ask as footsteps come down the spiral staircase to reveal Peter Hale aka my biological dad, "A lot like Scott actually. Unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable only to other teenagers" Peter clarifies and I roll my eyes at his exaggerated definition of what young Derek was like.

"So what happened?" Stiles questions Peter.

"Well the same thing that changes a lot of young men, he met a girl" Peter explains and I furrow my eyebrows, "So your saying that some high school girlfriend broke his heart and made him turn cold?" I ask not believing what I just heard. "Do you remember Derek before he was an alpha, had blue eyes?" Peter questions Cora and she nods as Peter turns back to us.

"Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?" Peter asks us and I nod, vividly.

"I always thought it was a genetic thing" Stiles answers as he plays with his hands, "If you want to know what changed Derek, you need to know what changed the color of his eyes" Peter tells us and I already know that this story is going to involve a death of an innocent because that's how your eyes change from golden to cold steel blue.

~~

"Okay so Derek was a sophomore back then, how old was he? How old were you? How old are you now?" Stiles questions Peter all at once after the story we just heard, about Derek meeting a girl named Paige.

"Not as young as we could have been, but not as old as you might think" Peter states and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Okay that was frustratingly vague" Stiles says and turns to Cora, "How old are you?" He asks her. "I'm 17" She replies with a simple answer unlike some people, "See that's an answer, that's how we answer people" Stiles sasses as if he is talking to a four year old kid and I laugh a little bit. I focus my attention back on Peter, "Alright, what happened with Derek and the cello girl?" I ask him and he sighs.

"What do you think happened? They were teenagers. One minute it's 'I hate you, don't talk to me' and the next, it's frantic groping in any dark corner they could manage to find themselves alone in for five minutes" Peter explains and I nod for him to continue with the story, "Their favourite dark corner was an abandoned distillery outside of Beacon Hills" I furrow my eyebrows. How did he know all of this when he said they were alone?

"Hold up, how do you know all of this? You just said they were alone" I question Peter curiously and he smirks, "Back then I wasn't just Derek's uncle, I was his best friend" Peter states and I raise my eyebrows up in surprise. Wow. He continues on with his story about how the Alpha Pack members had their own packs and how they would come to Talia Hale for advice.