"I was an idiot last night," he starts, locking his eyes on mine, "I thought by impressing you, you would like me more, but I ended upsetting you more than anything else."

He touches my arms again and I let my hands relax, uncrossing them.

"I like you Leah, more than you know. You're the first girl that managed to grab my attention in a long time and I'm not about to let you slip away," he smiles, "and I have to admit something."

"Oh?" I frown.

"You asked me last night if all of that was me, and it isn't," I hiff and shift forward. He must see my disbelief and lifts his hands up, "Let me explain. You asked me a question that made me even question myself, were it not for you, I still would have carried on acting like a prick."

I look at him with a black face, not being able to process his words. It's like I got slapped right in between my eyes with a feeling I don't even know I have.

"Say something?" he urges.

"I- I-," I stutter.

His hands cup my chin and lifts it up so that I look at his chocolate eyes, "Will you be able to give this another shot? I would really like to spend some more time with you."

More time meant more personal questions.

I force a smile, trying to hide my nervousness, "I don't know, what happens when you find that I'm not really what you expected?" I ask.

"Tell you what," he says, "why don't I take you out for lunch and we can casually talk about everything or just spend the afternoon together. By the end of the night, if you still don't know, I'll go and you'll never hear from me again, but give me one afternoon with you first, please?"

He looks at me in anticipation and I finally give in, "Okay," I say.

"Yeah?" his broad smile gives his excitement away, "That's great, because I burnt half of the food I was trying to make you here!"

I can't help but laugh, feeling a wee bit relieved.

* * *

The flashing of cameras from a distance makes Justin groan when we walk together barefoot on a quiet beach, "They can't leave me alone for just one goddamn day!"

I place another spoonful of the frozen yogurt in my mouth and shrug. I don't really know what to say.

"Does it bother you?" he asks.

"The paparazzi?" I ask.

He shakes his head, "The tabloids labeling you as the 'famous mystery girl'?"

"Oh that," I swallow, unsure whether or not to mention that it's part of my job description, "Not really, I've never been big on social media, so I hardly notice it unless Will or my boss shows it to me. Recently a few people have been recognizing me on the streets as well, so that's new, but nothing too crazy."

"You should get a bodyguard," he says, "I mean, that's if you choose to hang out with me."

I laugh, "I already have one."

"You do?"

"Part of my job, I'm a valuable asset, that's what Denzel tells me," I roll my eyes.

"You must be really great at your job then!" he exclaims, "who is Denzel though?" he frowns.

"Denzel Joyce, my boss and managing director of HarperCollins," I state.

"Ah! I heard of Joyce before!" he says.