Soulmate!AU

A/N: yup. (also fUCK YALL THIS IS ME INDULGING IN WRITING A TRANSGENDER CHARACTER AGAIN BECAUSE ONCE ON MY TUMBLR ISN'T ENOUGH)
wowowowie this sucks ass!!! im sorry i just have a love for trans hearth
tw: cutting, verbal abuse that can't be heard but is most definitely there, just,,,, angst. hhah i hate myself.
ONE OF YALL REQUESTED THIS FOREVER AGO LMAO SO HERE IM SORRY

Hearthstone's hands trembled, his father's mouth curling around the slurs- amongst other words. His bandages was too tight, he hadn't felt right in his skin all damn day, and then he had accidentally tripped Inge. Apparently, that was what set his father off on the rant of a lifetime.

Useless... no daughter... idiotic hulder... Oh, and those were the only words he could make out. There were worse, so many worse.

As soon as the yelling was over, Hearthstone practically vanished out into the woods, trembling something fierce. He needed to get out, get out of the poison in the air, out of the house where those that cared experienced worse on a daily basis.

His body itched, and not in the normal itch way. This was the itch he loathed, but took a sick sense of satisfaction in. Knowing that, despite how bad it was, it was another way to spite his father; shame Mr. Alderman because his 'daughter' isn't his daughter.

As for the rest, well, Hearthstone wasn't perfect to start with, why not give his father more imperfections to loathe?

He turned right, travelling to the special tree.

Aside from the well where his brother had died, there was one other place the two would always play together: a small little birch tree, out of place amongst the huge oaks and spruces. In the birch there was a hole, carved naturally by birds. This hole was the perfect place for the boys to stash all kinds of things, including snacks and small toys. It also accomodated a few razor blades with little issue: Perfect for his disgusting needs.

First, he had to peel the bandages from his chest, a very relieving feeling physically. Mentally, however, it made him feel worse. His skin burned with shame, looking down at where his red and sore breasts sat, taunting him with their presence. You aren't good enough, they seemed to whisper maliciously.

I'm not good enough, I'm not good enough, I'm not good enough, he silently chanted, his mouth forming the shapes of the unspoken words. The blades dug deep, deep, deeper into his wrists and thighs and hips.

Propping himself against the tree, Hearthstone let out a long sigh, watching the blood run in rivulets along his body. His disgusting, ugly body.

Elsewhere, a tired and stressed-out Blitzen was awoken by tingling in his wrists, hips and thighs. As he slowly rolled over and sat up, clicking on the lamp, his eyes widened.

From his wrists sprouted flowers; thorny roses, a deep and melancholy green- the same colour of Hearth's blood. A quick look confirmed there were more flowers: on his hips and thighs, huge swathes of roses crept through in unnervingly straight lines.

"No..." Blitz whispered softly, cradling his wrists as he slowly slid onto his knees, "no no no no..."

His breathing hitched, tears building up. "No, stop... Just stop, please stop hurting yourself, I care so much about you and you don't even know it, oh gods..." He whimpered.

"Make- make it stop... Make it stop, make it stop, just make it stop!" A wail burst from his chest, sobs heaving so hard he choked on air, threw up once, and eventually the roses were gone and in their place was an empty feeling laced with regret and something unnamable.

A/N: hi yes this is what i call: ~SPORADIC UPDATES~ (CAUSED BY MY LACK OF MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING WITH MY LIFE WHEN I COULD JUST,,,,, SLEEP FOREVER

lmao peace