Jealousy

A/N: so, i was camping and yeah, this happened.

Hearthstone didn't know many elves that ventured out of Alfheim. That being said, he didn't exactly know many elves period. So the elf before him, introducing himself and his companion- who apparently went unnamed to people she didn't know- and asking if they could travel with his group for a while, startled him.

It didn't help said companion- a human woman, interestingly enough- was mute.

Between the two, a sort of companionship was developed for the few days the two groups traveled together- Hearth, Blitz, Magnus and Samirah with the elf Jaris and the unnamed woman.

... and so Blitzen and Magnus argue about the necklace. Meanwhile, I go diving in for what we actually came for- clothes- and come up with a dress. It was smaller, made for a short woman. An ugly thing, honestly; a tacky green with brown stripes.

So I throw an earring at Blitz, who looks over at me. I then throw him the dress, and while he looks at me, I sign: 'This would bring out your complexion beautifully.' I don't smile, just sign and go back in to find proper clothes. When I-

His hands pause, watching the woman double over in silent laughter.

You seriously did that? She looked impressed. That must have taken some balls.

No, not really. Hearthstone's face went a shade of green, embarrassed at being called brave, in a sense.

Well, keep going!

Alright, alright! So of course, he... Hearth continues on, looking animated and cheerful.

Neither him nor anyone else noticed the way Blitzen was side-eyeing the pair from under his tent, an almost jealous look pinned to his face.

Damn it all... why did he have to be so cute, and Blitz so cowardly? It wasn't fair!

"Damn it!" Leapt unbidden a quiet growl from the Svartalf.

Well, she's probably smarter than me- gods know she's prettier- probably a really good fighter, cook... maybe a better seamstress...

Suddenly, distracted by his moping, Magnus appeared before him. It was also dark.

"Supper?" Came the question.

Blitzen glanced at Hearth- sitting beside her. She had no name that they knew of, sure. But he could see why Hearthstone might like her; she was fairly pretty. Her hair colour, combined with her eyes and her skin tone, and her overall height and body-shape...

"... buddy? You, uh, turned to stone?" Magnus yet again jolts Blitz out of his reverie.

"Wha- no. No, I'm good. Fine, I am. Nothing wrong, no sir." His tone was bitter.

"Blitz..." Magnus lowers his tone before continuing, "you've been glaring at Hearth and that chick all day now. Either you're really irritated by whatever she's wearing, or you're-"

"I am not jealous!" He hisses.

"Are too, and don't even try denying it."

"I-... Gods, he's pretty. Handsome, beautiful... whatever you wanna call it. And the way he's looking at her... I hate it. I want to look at him like she does, and 'say' the things she does, and make him blush like she does. I want to say 'That took some balls', and then- and- I don't know! She makes me so mad, for no reason! I can't think straight! I see her looking at him, and it's all I can think about for the next two hours!" Blitz kept his voice to a low mutter, magically enough.

Magnus gave him a soft look, gently sitting beside his best friend and giving him a hug.

Blitzen leans into it, hugging back and looking away from the source of his aggravation.

Of course, he misses the look Hearthstone sends in that direction upon noticing what was happening.

-

Late next morning, Blitzen- after sleeping outside of a tent, away from Hearth- had managed to sit in the morning sun for enough time while everyone else packed up, and was now almost a statue.

Hearthstone's long legs appear before him, causing Blitz to internally scowl. If he started being completely and annoyingly innocent to the whole ordeal, the Svartalf had no idea what he was going to do.

Instead, Hearth merely sighed and strained to pick Blitzen up and set him under shade. He waved along Jaris and the rest, signing we'll catch up and letting Magnus explain the situation.

It was an hour or two, and finally Blitz's extremities were free. He rubbed his hands, stretched out and stuff. Without looking, he awkwardly signed to Hearth a thank you before going to run after the group who would undoubtedly be waiting up ahead.

Before he could, a strong grip grasped his wrist and pulled him headfirst into Hearthstone's chest.

Blitzen, thankful for his skin-tone all of a sudden, flushed as he looked up at a stern-looking, blond, grey-eyed elf who was not very happy at the moment.

"Uhm... buddy, can you... uh, let go?"

Hearth did indeed release Blitz's wrists, only to sign his irritation. The Helheim was last night about? You and Magnus. And don't think I missed that, Blitzen.

Nervous turned to having salt rubbed into the wound.

What do you mean, me and Magnus? He was consoling me while I was wondering what was up with you and that mute chick! Oh, let me guess, she told you her name because 'you're special to her'?

No, for the record! She just found it easy to talk to me because I know ALS, and she didn't tell me her name because she's with Jaris, in a completely happy relationship!

In that instant, all the anger dried up. Replaced with confusion.

"Wait... wha?" He murmured.

What? Am I not being cl-

Blitz grasped his hands, cutting off the taller being. No, no. I thought you were getting all buddy-buddy with the girl, and you thought I was getting close to Magnus?

Hearth nodded slowly. So... you and Magnus... aren't?

"No, gods no! He's my best friend, that's it! Besides, I think there's someone else he likes. No, but you and her, she wasn't getting close?"

Heartstone shook his head.

"So I- I was being jealous for no reason?"

You were jealous? Hearth looks startled.

Well, not jealous, no, but- Okay yes, jealous!

The elf couldn't handle it, and started giggling his adorable little giggle. Hoarse, sure, but it sounded so sweet and pure.

I'm sorry, he managed after a few moments. I just, I was jealous because Magnus hugged you!

And then they were both howling like a couple of hyenas with laughter, Blitz holding Hearth up while the two turned red or green in the face.

Finally, after some minutes spent busting a gut, they managed to stand straight up.

I'm sorry I though that the woman was trying to get close to you and caused me to be jealous, Blitzen formally apologized.

I too apologize, for becoming jealous because one of our friends- who we've taken care of for a long time- gave you a hug because I made you jealous. Apology accepted?

And instead of responding, Blitz reached up and kissed Hearth.

Apology accepted, he thought with a soft smile.

A/N~
YES THE MUTE GIRL GETS TO BE A READER INSERT IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT. It's up to you.
I wrote this while I was camping, because I got bored! Enjoy, my friendorinos!
ALSO NEVER TRY AND HIGHLIGHT ANYTHING USING AN IPHONE ON THIS APP.
I WAS HERE FOR TEN MINUTES TRYING TO GET THE ITALICS RIGHT.
I have a life somewhere... better go find it.
Lee out!