Band!AU

Thanks to my brain for thinking up P!ATD and tøp-trash Hearth, and MessyTheAuthor for completely accidentally giving me the idea to write three chapters within almost as many hours. I'm on a roll. Enjoy the crack spewed from my brain!

Hearthstone may have been deaf as a doornail, but by whatever God anyone believed in, he was going to be in a band.

Sure, he couldn't exactly be the lead singer. No, that was up to his best friend Blitzen.

Hearth wasn't sure how he even got into music; all he had was his thieving skills, a good sense for how a beat felt in his ears and lyrics on a page. That seemed to be enough for him to discover how much he loved bands like Panic! At The Disco, tøp and Fall Out Boy.

Blitzen always said it was the beat that drew Hearth in, the resounding vibrations he felt when he had his stolen headphones on over the earrings his parents would probably beat him for getting, the music cranked so that the bass could make his vision shake slightly with every pounding thump.

Sure, he couldn't hear the words. Again, that's what those pages that had the lyrics are for. That and those karaoke music videos on YouTube that had exactly where the words started and ended, those were helpful.

When Hearthstone proposed this plan, Blitzen looked especially doubtful.

"No offence bud, but... you can't, uh, hear. Or speak. Those kinda count when you're in the music business." Blitz rubs the back of his neck, and is startled when Hearthstone grabs him by the fashionable tie and tugs him towards his garage.

Luckily, his biological parents were out in Vegas for a month. That gave the two plenty of time to start a gig.

Hearth jogged into the back of the empty garage, picking up and throwing a case over his shoulder, the strap digging in in a familiar and comforting way.

Blitzen went wide-eyed as Hearthstone unzipped the case to reveal a guitar, smirking.

Is that... His fingers work to finish his sentence.

The guitar we saw for sale at that Yamaha store for two thousand dollars? Hearth's hands signed smugly. Oh yes. This is that very guitar, friend.

"How did you get it?" Blitz marvelled, delicately holding his hands out as if to ask for the permission to hold this guitar.

Hearthstone shrugged. No clue, honestly. Never let it be said that the Yamaha on 22nd street doesn't have bad security. Because it does, seriously.

Hearth gently placed the guitar in his best friend's hands, sitting back on his heels.

This, my friend? Will get us on stage.

-

Six years ago, The Gods of Asgard was just a distant thought had by two boys, one deaf and one able to carry a tune safely into the sky and to the sun.

Six years later, The Gods of Asgard came out with their very first song, called Sword of Summer.

Magnus Chase, sixteen years old, was their lead singer. Blitzen, twenty two, was the backup-singer, and also covered for duets.

Samirah al-Abbas, sixteen, was their piano. Her hijab was not only part of her religion, she used it to block the stage fright out and concentrate on the notes. Jack, probably nineteen, was their drummer. He was amazing, Hearth could feel it whenever the laid-back guy sat down at the drum set. He could feel the vibrations through the floor, practically hear the thump of the beat in his head.

Then there was Hearthstone, on the two-thousand dollar guitar he hijacked when he was no more than sixteen. Now, the twenty-two year old had their entire routine memorized. He could play and just by the vibrations in the air, know exactly where in what song they were.

Of course, that was if Sword of Summer took off at this Battle of the Bands at Magnus's school.

Behind his back, Magnus held up four fingers and went down to one- the signal for Hearth to start playing.

Hearthstone prayed they nailed it, as he held his last chord for five seconds before shutting it up.

The crowd sat, and just like that, erupted into clapping and cheering. Hearth could literally feel the stage and the air in the gymnasium vibrating with their cheering.

Blitzen grinned like a maniac, Magnus looked astonished, Jack was blowing kisses to the crowd, Sam was apparently trying not to throw up and Hearth was tearing up.

It took everything he had in his body to not start crying, because finally his dream was something. His dream. His dream was finally worth something.

As soon as they made it back-stage, the group was rushed by other bands. Hearthstone may not have been able to hear, but every hand that touched his shoulder, every word that escaped anyone's lips, they all radiated encouragement.

Even their rivals, The Valkeryies, were begrudging appreciative. Or at least Gunilla was. Everyone else in that band was flipping out, in a good way.

Hearthstone quietly slipped away to the bathroom, unaware that Blitzen was trying to get his attention.

Hearth looked down into the sinks, smiling weakly as the tears dropped and splattered the porcelain.

A movement in the mirror caused the jumpy 22-year old to turn abruptly and defensively, relaxing as soon as he recognized Blitz.

You okay? The short singer signed, looking cautiously at Hearth's soulful grey eyes.

Hearthstone then did something he never thought he would ever be brave enough to do: He kissed Blitzen.

Hearth cracked one eye open, searching the beautiful and familiar face before him. Blitz was currently flushed as red as he could get, due to his dark complexion. Onyx eyes met grey, half-lidded.

Suddenly, they were locked in a passionate kiss, heavy with feelings and words unspoken between the two.

Hearthstone's dream had come true, and the only other person he wanted to fufill it with was right in front of him, kissing him back.

Whoops I did it. It's short, and crappy, but it exists. I'm proud of my baby. So proud.

I haven't slept all night RIP me today ahaha
Accept my offering of apologies for disappearing for that long: FIVE UPDATES IN THREE DAYS.
I'm tired. hoW DOES ONE SPELL VALKERYIES?
Lee out!