Arguments

B-L-I-T-Z-E-N, you are being ridiculous! Hearth signed in an angry manner.

Oh! Well, excuse me princess! I didn't know you were the one who decided whether I saved Magnus from the cops! Came the reply.

If you ran out there, who knows what the cops would do to you! You're homeless, firstly-

So are you! Blitz looked indignantly at the pale elf.

-And if you did run out there, you'll end up getting yourself and M-A-G-N-U-S arrested! Then- Blitzen interrupted the hand signals with his own.

Then what? You'll run in with some stolen money and get us both out? We both know how well that worked last time you had to bust me out! Blitz cleared his throat, making hand gestures with a very mocking expression.

Oh, are you this man's friend? Well, that'll be a few hundred dollars. Oh, you're deaf? Sorry, let me get someone who can translate. Wait, you have no money and you're homeless? Well-

Alright, fine! Hearthstone glowered. So, last time I had to bust you out it didn't work. The cops threw me out, yes. But, there is two of us this time! We have to go about this carefully, B-L-I-T-Z. He softened his expression, trying to convey his reason. Hearth was met instead with an almost insulted anger.

We always do things like this the safe, nice way that doesn't get anything done! You do this your way! I'm going to go get M-A-G-N-U-S.

With that, Blitz stormed away.

Hearthstone sighed, watching his friend march out into the middle of the buildings and right up beside Magnus. He assumingly attempted to explain the situation, probably making up some excuse, but his hands were soon up.

Hearth sighed. Time to do this himself.

The elf sprung out of hiding, walking briskly toward them.

Everyone's eyes flitted to him. He awkwardly waved, then watched for the cop's lips to move.

"...explain what's going on, sir?" Hearth caught.

Slowly, he raised his hands and began signing. Hopefully the cop could understand.

I am very sorry. My friends here meant no harm, and whatever fight that had broken out was in no way meant to happen. Life on the streets is rough, but we do promise this won't ever happen again.

Hearth waited nervously for the response, eyes trained on the cop. Eventually, he started signing back.

I do indeed hope that this doesn't happen again, sir. We'll let you boys off with a warning this time, but next time you might not be so lucky.

An audible sigh of relief exited Blitzen and Magnus.

"Thank you, officer," sighed Magnus in a relieved tone, stretching out before dropping his hands.

"No problem, boys. Don't let it happen again, though," was all the cop said before entering his cruiser and driving off.

Blitzen shoved his hands into the pockets on his coat, awkwardly scuffing his boots on the ground.

"Hearth, how did you do that?! Blitz tried the exact same thing, but the cop just told him to put his hands up!" exclaimed the shaggy-haired blond.

Hopefully you listen to me and do not try and steal money next time, young man. Hearthstone scolded.

"Hehe, sorry Hearth. It won't happen again; I promise." Magnus rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly before prancing off.

The alf turned to Blitzen, who kept looking down. Occasionally, he would scratch his nose or shift, but even that quickly stopped.

Cautiously, Hearthstone walked closer to tap Blitzen on the shoulder, but instead his hands were met with stone.

He peeked down and around at Blitz's face, nervous. Then his friend's lips moved.

"Can we get me into the shadows?"

Hearth sighed, standing up and dragging the stony dwarf towards the shadows of the nearest building.

It took about an hour or two of sitting in the shade for Blitzen's hands to finally , and by that time the sun was setting. Finally, his dark hands were free to sign.

Nothing was exchanged between the two for a long time, though.

Eventually, an hour after the sun had set Blitzen decided to go hover over Magnus and make nothing had managed to kill the kid before his 14th birthday. Before he left though, Hearthstone gently grabbed the sleeve of his friend's coat.

Wait, he signed as soon as Blitz could see his hands.

I am sorry. My earlier actions were very irrational, and uncalled for. I was more worried about you getting arrested again, and knew it would have happened had I not imtervened. Again, I apologize.

Blitzen looked right into Hearth's gray eyes, and said "I love you" before leaning in and kissing the elf.

Hearth stood there, shocked. He could feel a heavy blush rising to his cheek. Kiss him back already! His subconscious ordered.

Hearthstone complied, gently returning the kiss. Him and Blitzen just stood there for a good few seconds, before finally drawing apart.

I love you, Blitz signed again.

Me too. The elf signed back, smiling.

Blitzen then trotted off, leaving Hearth to stand there dumbly before going to wait for the sun to come back.