Listen to your Heart(h)

A/N: how does one consistently update? not like this
sorry i have a repetitive stress injury
literally just makes my wrist sore
but 'nOOOO BE OFF YER PHOWN ABLAHAHAHA' hha hate myself
ohmygod i don't remember where i was going with this originally so have this shitty au!!!

Deep breaths, Hearthstone. You can do it. He'll love you all the same, you know he will. Don't over-analyze! Deep breath in, out.

The elf quietly padded through the small house to the living room, where his roomate, best friend and long-standing crush of seven months and eighteen days (the day they both met) sat.

Hey B... can I show you something? Hearth began nervously wringing his hands, watching like a hawk for Blitzen's reaction.

A nod. Okay, that was good. Now for the hard part. Is it going to be hard? Probably. Impossible? No, just challenging. Didn't make it any easier. Okay, he was stalling now.

Hearth nervously fiddled with his hands for an extra second, reaching up to rub at the thick strap hugging at the curve where his neck and shoulder met.

Don't freak. Okay? Hearthstone signed, even more nervous now. There was something in Hearth's heart, murmuring nothing will go wrong, he'll love and accept you.

The look in Blitzen's eyes could only be described as confused, concerned and almost scared.

Hearthstone didn't notice, because he had squeezed his eyes closed and pulled his shirt off to reveal the light-coloured binder across his chest.

Blitzen froze for a second, trying to put the pieces together. It didn't take very long for it to click: Hearth was trans, that was his- her? no, his- binder, Hearth was scared of Blitz's reaction and was probably waiting for the backlash; 'get out of my house', to name a best-case scenario.

Gently stepping forward, the dwarf lightly touched his best friend's shoulder. Hearthstone jumped slightly, but despite his brain shouting you should run while you can, the blond elf found himself slowly opening his eyes to meet the warm coffee-black eyes of his favourite being on the Nine Worlds.

He didn't even realize he had started to cry until a dark hand lightly cupped his face, brushing the tears away. "It's okay... Don't cry, sweetheart," Blitzen found himself murmuring subconsciously.

Slowly, the tears slowed and the two were able to have a good long discussion.

Is there a reason you couldn't tell me? Blitzen's hands were gentle in everything they did- tailoring, making food and buttoning shirts. The gentleness didn't falter as he signed to Hearthstone.

A shrug. Then- Was afraid. Thought you'd kick me out. My heart told me otherwise... Never was good at listening to it. Hearth looked down, a light green blush adorning his cheekbones.

The very same cheekbones Blitzen felt overwhelming urge to kiss. Just one, his heart urged. It wont hurt, nothing bad will happen and the world won't end.

I would never kick you out for something like
that. Promise. Cross my heart 'n hope to die. The feeling lingered, prompting him gently; Just one little kiss, it wouldn't hurt anything.

For once, Blitz listened to the things his heart was whispering and pressed a warm, tender kiss to his crush's cheek.

If Hearthstone was blushing before, he was glowing with it now. Something in his heart was whispering at him to kiss Blitzen's lips. Nothing would happen, for once.

Listening to their hearts was going pretty well, for a change.

A/N: i almost fuckign named this 'lol how do you update'
process that while i go diE because I HAVE PROMPTS I SHOULD WRITE BUT ALAS
I CANNOT???