Cuddles (or: The Origin of the Scarf)

Hearth was tired. He needed sunlight and warmth. There was none in Nilfheim, though.

Blitzen was doing absolutely fine, if a bit cold. It was nothing compared to Hearthstone's freezing body, though. Hearth's teeth were chattering, and his fingertips we're going numb. His face, hands and pretty much everything was green with the cold.

Blitz could feel his friend shivering, could feel how cold the elf was.

Here, signed the Svartalf before he slid his candy-cane coloured scarf over his head and wrapped it around Hearth's pale neck.

Thanks, signed Hearthstone shakily, making it look more like blowing a kiss than anything.

Shivering, he slowly snuggled into Blitzen's side. The dark-skinned dwarf gently wrapped his coat around the slender figure beside him, and pulled Hearth close. The two fell asleep- an uneasy sleep, but sleep nonetheless.

---------------------

In the morning, it took Blitzen about five minutes in order to wake up Hearth- a fact that terrified him.

Hearth was weakened by lack of sunlight. Getting them back onto the World Tree...? That may very well kill him.

Hearth insisted he could make it, though. He also knew a shortcut through the damnable tree to get to Nidvellar, where the blessed tanning bed was.

Of course he passed out as soon as they got on the World Tree, but Ratatosk took a break at least.

Blitzen carried Hearthstone's sorry ass through the tree and into Nidvellar, as well as helping him walk through the streets and into Blitz's apartment where the tanning bed was.

Hearthstone was in there for a long time, maybe an extra eight-hour nap. While he did so, Blitzen went around and cleaned up, had his own nap, made cookies, napped while they cooked and cooled, frosted them and even started knitting a pair of socks.

Hearth finally woke up to see everything his friend had done while he slept.

Cookies? For me? He signed teasingly before grabbing one and taking a bite.

The frosting was sugary sweet, but definitely felt good in his stomach. For now.

Blitz yawned, stretched out on the couch. "Yup, those are yours. And mine, of course. We do have to share, being roommates and all."

Hearthstone rolled his grey eyes, before remembering- the scarf.

Here, this is- he went to return the scarf, but was stopped short by Blitzen.

"You keep it. You'll need it more than me." He sighed, pleased at getting comfortable.

Hearth looked at his best friend, then shivered at the cold Nidvellar air before deciding one last cuddle was in order.

He slid onto the couch, taking his coat and spooning up behind Blitz before draping it over the two as a makeshift blanket.

Blitzen rolled his eyes, muttering about getting comfortable before rolling over and snuggling into his friend's chest for another well-deserved nap.

Hearthstone just lay there, glad that he was alive, they were both alive.

The cuddling was a bonus, though.

(A/N~ so how was that? Too fluffy for you? Not enough? Here's the secret- this doesn't have to be just fluff. I'll only go so far if that's what you guys ask of me though!
Kale out!)