You Lead?

A/N: WELL THAT WAS AN AWKWARDLY LONG TIME WITH ZERO UPDATES BECAUSE I PHYSICALLY CANNOT
ALL I WANNA WRITE IS HAMILTON WHY AM I LIKE THIS
ANYWAYS I SAW A PICTURE AND THEN I WAS INSPIRED.

Hearthstone was honestly just trying to sleep. He had woken up several times over the course of last night because nightmares plague every hour apparently, Blitzen flailed in his sleep (he had a few nightmares of his own), Blitzen hogged blankets and wouldn't let go, and then the elf finally got up and moved to the couch at four AM.

On his phone for the next three hours, Hearth could feel the lack of energy. I could go sleep on the roof, the landlord told me it was free to go up on, he mused quietly.

That's how he found himself laying on the couch three hours after that thought, too caught up in watching people speed-painting and other weird videos on YouTube.

It was a Saturday, at about 10 AM, and Blitzen had just woken up to begin his quest for food and to find his boyfriend.

He emerged into the living room, only to see a tired-looking Hearthstone laying there, enthralled by a video of someone speed-painting a gigantic mountain-range. The phone was resting on his chest, and the only indication of the sleep he had not gotten was the bruise-like bags beneath his eyes. Blitz sighed, walking over to grab the phone from his boyfriend's cold and pale hands.

The pitiful whining noise made by Hearthstone was even tired-sounding.

Nope. Get some sleep, signed the dwarf. You can rejoin the living when you wake up.

The pout he received in return was painful to ignore, but he managed.

~

It was five hours later, and Hearth was literally bouncing around.

Blitzen was very confused and concerned. Who had drugged his elf?

B! Teach me how to dance. The demand came from nowhere.

"Um- I- What?" Confusion was written was all over the shorter male's face.

Hearthstone sighed impatiently. I had a dream we were dancing, in a great big ballroom. Like Cinderella, or every other Disney movie. So, teach me how to dance!

Blitz nervously tugged at his collar, a nervous tic he had developed early on. H, buddy, I can't dance.

Then I'll lead! Hearthstone tugged Blitzen into the middle of the living room- when did the elf have time to move the coffee table?- and started silently instructing Blitzen on how this worked.

Hand on shoulder, other hand in Hearth's, watch where you step- "Sorry!"- not on toes you idiot!

It took five whole minutes to get a good rhythm going. Hearth was getting bolder, twirling Blitzen around, eyes lighting up in joy as he giggled.

Then Blitz switched it around, and now he was leading, and they were spinning in endless circles. It was nice.

A twirl out, armful of elf, do a dip, and hold.

Mocha-brown eyes met steely silver, dark hand clasped pale one, noses brushed and heavy breaths intermingled.

Then they were laying together on the couch, laughing and trying to catch their breath. Kisses were shared, and then they made brunch together.

All in all, sleepless nights could be worse.

A/N: hi yes sorry im back
WOW i feel like SHIT for not updating. im so sORRY MY SWEET CHILDREN BUT I HAVENT HAD ANY INSPIRATION AND THEN I HURT MY WRIST- HERE'S MY SHITTY APOLOGY. TAKE IT WHILE I GO REGRET EVERYTHING.