Reunion

Draco sat up suddenly, crying out in pain. Hermione was instantly at his side. He stared around the room, gasping for breath. His pointed face was paler than normal, two spots of pink on his cheeks.

'You ok?'

Draco's head whipped around at Hermione's voice. He grimaced, the sudden movement made his head spin.

'Where am I?' He gasped, clutching Hermione's hand.

'The hospital wing? You're at Hogwarts...?' Hermione looked around worriedly for Hannah or Madam Pomfrey.

'Oh...oh yes. Quidditch, right?' Slowly his face relaxed, his eyes focusing.

'That's right,' Hermione sank back into her chair, relieved.

'Merlin, I'd kill for a potion right about now.' Draco muttered, running a hand through his hair.

'I could go get...'

'No! Whatever I say, don't let them give me any potions. Please.' He flushed red, not meeting Hermione's eyes.

'Ok...I promise...'

The sound of talking and children's laughter in the hallway outside interrupted them.

'Daddy!' Scorpius shouldered his way through the crowd of Potters and Weasleys. He, Rose and Albus carried a few pieces of fruit each.

They deposited the fruit on the bedside table, Albus eyeing the trapped snitch eagerly. Rose snuggled up on her mum's knee, feeding her grapes. Harry and Ginny balanced a tray full of food each on an empty bed.

'How was dinner, did you like the Great Hall, Scorpius?' Draco asked, smiling as his son solemnly handed him an apple.

'Yeah! Was...wow, and...BIG! And yummy!' Scorpius wriggled in excitement, his limited vocabulary failing him entirely.

'Daddy gwumpy,' Rose frowned darkly, several grapes in her mouth.

'What happened?' Hermione demanded, glaring as Harry wouldn't meet her eyes.

'We just had a run in with Ron,' Teddy shrugged when no-one responded.

'It was nothing much...' Ginny explained, placatingly. 'He was just being a prat...'

Hermione's eyes narrowed and Draco looked angry. Harry sighed.

'He didn't like that Rose and Scorpius were holding hands-'

'They were dancing, y'know how they do,' Teddy cut in.

'What did he do?' Hermione hissed.

'He just picked Rose up away from Scorpius, and pontificated a bit-'

'Pontificated?' George raised an eyebrow at his wife.

'What? Hermione isn't the only one who can use big words!' Angelina pulled a face at her husband.

'He bumped Scorpius slightly when he grabbed Rose, but that was an accident, he wasn't hurt, didn't fall over or anything,' Harry explained in a rush, flinching as Draco growled.

'Is ok, Daddy,' Scorpius smiled sweetly at Draco, stroking Draco's cheek.

'I'll kill him,' Hermione grumbled. 'How dare he?!'

'These guys already told him where to shove it,' Teddy reassured her, grinning impishly. 'It all surprised Scorpius a bit but he had a great time after Ron left.'

'Those three will give the professors a run for their money in a few years,' George laughed, gesturing to Rose, Albus and Scorpius.

They had released the snitch and were leaping off beds trying to catch it. Albus howled with rage when James snatched it out of the air. Rose tickled James and Scorpius dived in to grab the snitch as soon as he let go. The three of them ran around the wing, shrieking and whooping in victory.

'What is going on here?!' Madam Pomfrey looked scandalised at the increasing horde of children careening around the beds.

'Sorry, we were just leaving,' Harry apologised profusely, grabbing his youngest son when he barrelled past.

'Scorpius is a great kid,' Ginny smiled at Draco, catching James.

'Tres charmant,' Fleur gushed, stilling Louis with a quick glance.

Victoire lounged against the wall, looking bored. Dominique chatted with her cousin Molly, ignoring the chaos.

George was deep in conversation with his eldest son, Fred. They looked mischievous. Percy watched them warily.

One by one, they left the hospital wing. The silence was deafening. Draco looked slightly stunned.

'Are they always like that?!'

'They're usually worse,' Hermione laughed fondly, rocking Hugo to sleep. 'You should see Christmas at the Burrow - total mayhem!'

Draco shuddered dramatically. Scorpius tapped him on the head, frowning. Rose giggled.