By A Love You Thought You Could Own

**Nico Pov**

I shoved Jason away, disgusted by myself. Oh gods, I thought, what have I done.

Jason stared at me, wide eyed. "Nico...?"

I was just as shacked as him as I stared into his eyes. "Get out..." I said, barely moving my mouth.

"Nico..."

"Out, please." I said.

He nodded and scurried out of the room; there was no point of his trying to shut the obviously broken door. I could barely breath. I wanted to yell at myself. I wanted to scream like a psychopath at Jason. I wanted to blame him for everything. But I couldn't. Jason wasn't the one who kissed me.

I felt like my heart was in my throat and I was chocking over new feelings. I was mad. I was angry. I was astounded.

I put my fingers to my lips. What's wrong with you? I threw myself back on the bed and shut my eyes, thinking about how stupid I was.

~~~~~~

**Bianca Pov**

I returned to my father's throne room with Persephone, to see that the god sat alone. His eyes were shut tightly as he rested his forehead on his fist. His face was sullen, and he looked almost defeated.

"Where's Nico?" I asked fiercely, fearing what my father could've done to him.

For a long time, Hades just sat there, eyes tightly shut. Persephone went near him, holding his arm tightly as he whispered something to him. He opened his eyes slowly, looking up at his beloved wife with gentle eyes, then turned to me.

"Your brother is in no danger." He said, his voice tremoring.

"Where is he?" I insisted.

He looked back at his wife. "I shouldn't have Persephone. You know I shouldn't have. But the thought of losing another child...having to see his ghost wander through the palace knowing I could've save him..."

He was shaking...I'd never seen a god so shaken up since the last Titan war. "Where's Nico?" I repeated, more indignant, "father what have you done to him."

He was staring at me again, his eyes were a pool of darkness. I could see my own reflection as he stared at me, and I could feel his sadness and anger rolling off of him.

"I want you to know, I save him for his sake and your own." He said, "if I hadn't done what I did, you wouldn't mourned so badly, your own pain would make you dissolve...you would be nothing more than a memory to me and your dead brother..."

"What happened father!? Stop being so aloof and tell me!" I begged. "Please, where is Nico?"

Hades sighed, "he's alive my love. Do not worry, he is alive..."

~~~~~~

**Nico Pov**

I had my eyes shut for what felt like hours, but I couldn't sleep. The memory of the kiss was too vivid for me to forget. My lips still burned at the thought, and I trembled as I remembered being so close to his I could feel his body warmth. The adrenaline was still coursing through my veins, sending a sort of thrill through every part of my body. I hated it. I hated the thought of it. I hated him. I hated my self.

This is just like Percy all over again. I thought miserably, pulling the blanket over my head. I lay under my blanket thinking about how great it would be if I could stay hidden forever. Never having to face Jason or Percy. Hazel or Piper. Maybe I'd never have to face Bianca or my father, even. Wouldn't life be so much simpler if things were like that. If I could run from everyone and everything and then my life would be perfectly fine...if only.