The Last Choice Of All That You Meet

**Bianca POV**

Poor Nico. He was torn about the entire cupid thing. I could feel how upset he was. His anger and sadness seemed to just roll off of him. He held the picture of Percy Jackson against his heart as he let out his first sob. He buried his head so deep in the pillow I thought he was going to suffocate himself. But in time, he turned over and he was sound asleep.

His chest rose and fell like a sleeping child's would. He looked younger when he slept. Like the ten year old I had once known so many years ago...but I knew him no longer.

Nico kept to himself. He held all his secrets close to him and he carried them, too angry and too set apart from others, to feel safe sharing the weight. He felt like the world we resting on his shoulders but he kept going. Refusing to give up because he was so stubborn.

He wasn't having nightmares tonight. For once, he was sleeping, dreaming of Percy.

I was still a little shocked about Nico liking him. I never even thought...I mean I though, like everyone else did, he liked Percy Jackson's girlfriend Annabeth. She was pretty, with long curly blonde hair tied back in a ponytail and shining grey eyes. I never met her, but I'd seen her. The way Nico looked at her...or maybe he was looking at Percy. They were always side by side the two of them.

Nico liking Percy was a bombshell to me. Back in the thirties...that would've been an unthinkable thing to admit. I guess part of me knew that and was a little nervous. Nico had always been different than everyone else, even when he wasn't dark and spooky. He had been a nerd, and I mean that in a nice way, it's just the world was too cruel for him. Then he became too cruel for the world. He wanted to try and be normal...but how normal can the son do Hades be?

"You will always be set apart." I whispered sitting next to him. "But this..." I sighed. "This, this won't help."

I pulled the blanket over him and he shivered. "The world is a cruel cruel place Nico." I whispered, "anything or anyone that is different they hurt. But I promise, I promise Nico, I won't let them hurt you. It'll be just like old times. I'll protect you."

_____________

It was when we were going to school, just before we were found by Percy and Thalia. We were walking down the hall, and Nico had his nose in his Mythomagic cards.

"I almost have all of them," Nico said smiling at his collection. "I'm just missing Hades."

"That's nice, Nico." I said pulling my green hat securely over my head.

Suddenly someone slammed right into Nico, sending him tumbling to the ground and all his cards flying from his hands.

"Umph!" Nico said as his stomach hit the ground.

"Nerd!" A boy said picking up one of Nico's cards. "I think I'll keep this as a souvenir."

"Give it back." I said as Nico scrambled to grab the rest of the cards.

The halls seemed to go silent as I planted myself right in front of Nico.

"I don't think so runt." He hissed.

He came face to face to me, or well it was more face to chest. He was at least five inches taller than me, and I had to look up to see his face, but I wasn't afraid.

"Give my little brother his card back or so help me..."

My bag slipped from my shoulder and thudded to the ground. Fighting was prohibited and I could very well get kicked out, but no one picks on my kid brother.

"What are you gonna do. Fight me?"

I cracked my neck and Nico tugged my arm. "Don't Bianca, you can get in trouble! It'll be fine! I can get another one if I save all my money..."

I pushed him back with my arm and tossed him my hat. I pulled my hair back in a messy ponytail and took a swing.

I heard his jaw pop as he hit the floor. Everyone around us gasped as I kicked his shin. He cried out in pain and he held out the card in defeat. I grabbed it and kicked his stomach for good measure.

Nico had a terrified look on his face. I picked up my bag and grabbed his shoulder. We walked through the crowd, hurrying before any teachers could get to us.

"Bianca your going to get in trouble. You know that right."

"It doesn't matter." I said gruffly. "Your my little brother no one messes with you and takes your stuff. I'll always protect you."

"Thanks Bianca." He held the card in his hand. "This one was one of the rarer ones. It would've been hard to get again."

"Which one is it?" I asked, feeling stupid for not even looking at the card.

"Poseidon." He said smiling, holding it up for me to see.

_____________

When Nico woke up, he didn't look good. He was paler than usual, and he swayed as he walked, like he was drunk. He staggered down the hall to the mess hall but I stayed behind. For some reason, I felt tired. So I laid down and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

I'm really really REALLY lazy and I don't feel like writing what happens next because it's not really of great importance to the story but if you want to know I'll sum it up right here:

WARNING SPOILERS

Khione, the goddess of snow shows up and she's the enemy of Jason, Piper, and Leo. She freezes everybody, except piper and leo. Leo she sends to Ogygia where he meets Calypso and he falls I love and the Caleo ship is formed, then he leaves swearing to find her (which we were led to believe is an oath to keep with a final breath). Anyway, Piper turns totally badass and like defeats Khione but causes major set backs with the Argo II.

So there's your summary.

-Rainbowscarfgirl 🌈🍭