You're Exhausted

**Nico Pov**

Hazel screamed as she saw Bianca pale ghost like body on the floor, then she was gone. Vanished. Disappeared into this air.

tu sei il mio soldatino

la ragione per cui vivo

non ti scordar di me

io veglierò su di te

I rushed to the single desk that sat in the far corner of the room.

"Nico...what in Hades was that?" Hazel squeaked.

I glanced under my arm to see Hazel had her hands on her heart and her eyes were so wide a a drachma. Oh, and her face was covered with pure terror. I picked up a piece of paper and wrote the words down on a piece of torn up paper.

"Tu sei il mio soldatino." I said.

"What?" Hazel asked.

"La ragione per cui vivo," I scribble the words down, my writing not legible. "Non to scordar di me. Io veglieró su di te."

"Nico, please tell me what is going on because I am one second away from freaking out!" She whimpered.

"It's Italian," i said, feeling excited and sad, "Bianca you are so clever."

"What? Bi-Bianca? Your dead sister?"

"Yes."

The words were bouncing around my head...words that felt and sounded so familiar to me...

"Well what does it mean? The Italian?" Hazel asked.

I looked up at Hazel. "It was Bianca's final song," I whispered.

"Nico your not making sense..."

"No, it's a di Angelo family thing. When we were kids, my mother would sing to us if we ever had nightmares...in both Italian and English. She would sing about the silliest of things but sometimes she would sing about meaningful crap."

Hazel was still gawking, so I continued with my explanation "a long time ago, before we were found by Percy and friend, I used to suffer from nightmares...like REALLY bad nightmares. And Bianca, carrying mom's traditions, would sing to me. She had one song...one song she never got to finish...Soldatino. She died before she ever finished it..."

I gulped as I held the lyrics in my hand. "Before she left me...she sang to me the chorus...she said when she returned...she would tell me the rest of the song-"

"But she never came back," Hazel whispered.

I nodded, feeling the lump forming in my throat. "She never came back...I never heard the rest of the song..."

It was all making sense now. Why she had come back. Why she stayed with me. She didn't want to stay with me...she needed to. Bianca had to finish her song.

_____

A/N

Short chapter, I know. Sorry

---Rainbowscarfgirl 🌈