Listen For A Voice That Can't Speak

**Nico Pov**

"So what do the words mean?" Hazel asked again, her voice much softer and less terrified.

I glanced up at her. "You're my little soldier. The reason why I live. Don't forget me. I'm watching over you." I snapped.

She was shocked at how I spoke, you could see it in her eyes, but she didn't even open her mouth to mention it.

"It's okay Nico..."

"Damn it Hazel don't lie." I shouted.

She stared at me, wide eyes and blinked. "Nico I just-"

"Just shut up Hazel!" I barked, "And get out of my room."

"Nico---"

"OUT! AND JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

She scrambled out of the room, faster than a rabbit. I slammed the door shut and clasped my hands over my ears. I could hear Bianca's screams. I could here her crying and saying the words of her final lullaby. The words were killing me---they seemed to be tearing me apart from the inside out. My head felt like it was being cut in half with an axe and I was seeing double of the dresser and everything else in the room. I staggered to the bed and chucked myself onto it. I shut my eyes and let the darkness back in.

_____

Bianca was staring at me, except, well, it wasn't Bianca. It looked like her yeah, but she had gold eyes. "You're pathetic." Bianca said with a bitter laugh. "You actually thought that I would chose to stay with you? You think I want to be stuck with the pathetic, suicidal poor excuse of a son of Hades?" She laughed again and glared at me. It's like she could see into my soul, like she could see every single thing she thought in my head.

"Stop it!" I managed to say.

"Make me!" She said.

I tried to take a step forward but my feet seemed to be glued down. I looked and say that there were skeleton hands grasping my shoes and ankles. I tried to will them to stop; I clutched my fist and pointed to the ground but they didn't budge.

I just got another laugh from Bianca, a short cackle, and she hissed into my ear , "I'm much much stronger than you Nico. I have more strength. More power. More control."

"Shut up!" I swung my fist but she caught it in her palm.

"Your gonna have to try harder Nico."

"You're not my sister." I said hoarsely.

"Yes I am," she said in a singsong way. "And your my pathetic weak queer little brother."

My eyes widened as the word 'queer' rolled off Bianca's tongue. She saw the look on my face and smiled. "You can't actually have thought I would've still liked you after your dirty little secret got out."

I stared at her, unable to find words.

"Nico, were from a time when that was shameful...you can't think I've changed that much to accept that."

"But you said..."

"I know what I said. I lied." She hissed. "You will never be accepted in society now. You're a freak. You think it was bad before just wait...when word get out about your secret...you'll be so left out you might just kill yourself..."

She nodded with a sickening wicked smile on her face

"I'm tougher than you think." I snarled.