But We've Survived

"Bianca... I'm scared." I whispered. Tears formed in the corner of my eyes as I let go of the railing and took a step forward.
____________________________________

"Bianca, I'm scared." I had whispered when I was she told me she'd join Artemis' Hunters.

"Why are you scared?" She whispered back.

"I don't want you to leave me. You promised that you would always be there for me." I hugged her, intertwining my fingers so she could break through. "You can't leave me or else I can't protect you."

I started sobbing in her shirt and she patted my back.

"Nico, you have to be very brave for me." She whispered to me. "Be strong. Like a good boy. Promise?"

I nodded, but I still clung onto her.

"Nico it's time to let go now...but I promise you will always be my soldatino. No matter what."

She undid my hands with her own and looked me in the eyes.

"I love you." I had whispered between sobs.

She wiped the tears from my eyes and said "I love you too."
_____________________________________

I felt the air hitting my face and my clothes made this sort of ruffling sound. I shut my eyes so I wouldn't have to look at the ground coming closer and closer to me. My heart was pounding against my chest, sounding louder with each beat.

'I'll be with Bianca this way,' I thought, 'and this way, Hazel can have a normal life with out her freaky half-brother.'

Despite falling to my death, I felt relaxed because in any moment I'd be free from the worries. I wouldn't have to be worried about being judged or discriminated towards. But best of all... I'd be with Bianca...that is if I got Elysium.

I probably wouldn't because my dad's a jerk and stuff. Actually, he has pretty much nothing to do with the judgement. I just wanted to say my dad was a jerk and get away with it.

Suddenly, I felt someone put their arms around me. I was too afraid to open my eyes. I wasn't sure if I was dead or not. I heard peoples worried voices as I was leaned back, but only one voice stuck out.

"Nico mio amore are you okay?" A familiar voice whispered, touching my face. I opened my eyes, not believing the voice I had heard. I opened my eyes and whispered, "Bianca?"

Sure enough, there was my sister, my actual sister. Bianca looked just as startled as I felt. Her jaw dropped and her eyes were about the size of a Drachma, Greek currency. I blinked in disbelief but when I looked back at her she had vanished.

"What were you thinking?" Hazel cried throwing her arms around my neck. "You almost killed yourself."

"I'm sorry," I lied, " I was standing near the edge and I---I tripped on something. I went over board"

I stood, my entire body trembling. Hazel looked terrified as she hugged her boyfriend, Frank. Usually, I'd have flashed him a dirty look for even coming ten feet near,y sister but I was too distracted to care.

"Are you okay." Jason asked.

I stared into his blue eyes. Jason was the son of Zeus. He had short blonde hair and a scar above his lip. I guess he was handsome if you're into that type.

"Fine." I said coldly.

"Maybe you should go get some rest." Hazel said.

I rubbed my neck. "Yeah. Maybe I should."

Hazel grabbed my arm and pulled me belowdecks to my room. Her eyes were filled with tears as she hugged me. I couldn't breath as she buried her face into just chest.

"Be more careful Nico." She whispered. "If I lost you I don't know what I..."

She kissed my cheek, you know sibling love, and she walk away, leaving me alone.

I spent hours trying to figure out if really had seen Bianca or if it was just done adrenaline-induced vision. I could've sworn she was there right in front of my face. She was looking right at me, she was reaching out for me and in at the blink of the eye she had vanish.

I sniffled. What had I been thinking, jumping. It only just occurred that maybe Hazel might change like I had. She might become dark and creepy. It's not like we were all that close, we hadn't know each other that long. I had just looked out for her since I brought her back from the underworld. she really belonged in the 1930-40s. Same as me, but that an entirely different story that still had many holes in it.

I stood awkwardly in the center of my room, I felt tired but I didn't want to sleep. I was too afraid. I would just wait out the night, and when morning came, it would be the daily routine, which was staying out of everyone's way.

I threw myself down on the bed, determined to stay awake...but almost immediately as I hit the covers, I rolled myself up in the blanket and slowly shut my eyes. Luckily my brain was still active, the gears were turning, and I couldn't go to sleep.

Bianca, I thought, I think I saw you. But I can't be sure. I jumped and when I opened my eyes. You were there. 'Nico my love are you okay?' You asked me. Was it truly you?

I could barely breath, what was going on. Why was this happening to me? Was Bianca really there. Or was I finally losing it?

My mind slowly began to shut down and I went to sleep...welcoming my nightmares