And Trust Your Trying To Keep

**Bianca Pov**

Nico was holding me like her was never going to let me go. He hadn't said a single word except "Bianca." He was in between shocked, terrified, pleased, and angry. I could feel it.

I didn't want to speak mainly because I didn't know what to say. I mean what does a sister who's been dead for almost three years say to her brother she left behind. The whole situation was...awkward. But Nico was my little brother. He would always be my little brother and I'd always be there for him.

"I thought you were going to be reborn." He finally croaked.

My nose twitched. "I was."

I really had wanted to. To have a second chance of living. To make it into Elysium three times and make it to the Isle of the Blest. If I had been reborn, I would've been a whole new person, just a recycled soul. Nico wouldn't be anything more than the name of a stranger and I wouldn't remember the shame of leaving him behind. But if I went...I'd be abandoning him once again.

"But I had to stay." My voice was nothing more than a faint whisper, but in the silence of the room, it might as well have been a scream. "I couldn't abandon you. Not again."

Nico sniffled. "Bianca," he said another time.

"Nico, I love you but if you say Bianca one more time...I swear to the gods."

He weakly laughed. "You never change do you?"

"I am your older sister..."

"Technically, my physical age is older than yours so I'm the older brother."

"In you dreams Nico," I said, "look at me, I looked like I'm sixteen."

"Doesn't matter." He whispered.

He has to be smiling, I thought.

"How are you even here?"

He stared at me, his hands on my shoulders holding tightly so I could not escape his interrogation.

"I dunno." I whispered. "But I am here."

He stared at me, his eyes nervously looking into mine. I held his face with my hand; my skin was just as pale as his.

"So you've been here during everything?"

I nodded.

"Even the Cupid thing?"

I nodded once more.

"All of the whole Cupid thing?"

I felt like a freaking bobble head.

He hiccuped. "Then you know?"

"Yes."

He bit his lip. "I'm so sorry. So damn sorry."

"Damn it Nico! stop apologizing. I swear to the gods." I ruffled his hair. "You can't keep apologizing for something that's not your fault."

"But it is my fault. I just had to be different. You were right when you said being Invisible was best. To never be seen, it's what's best."

I just gawked at him. "I can't disagree more." I said, "Nico, I've been invisible. Never being seen or heard no matter how hard I cried or tried to get attention. I could wander for a thousand years and never be seen. Nico...I wish I was visible all the time. I want to be seen, to be heard."

"I wish we could trade places."

"No!" I cried.

He jumped up on the air and began blinking extremely fast. "Why?"

"Death is not...it is not any better than living Nico. In fact it's worst." I felt a burning sensation in my stomach and I wrapped one of my arms around my stomach. "I don't have much more time."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't sustain this form or whatever. I'm fading back to just a lost soul." I cried out as the burning feeling became true pain.

"Bianca!"

He wrapped his are around my shoulder and I began to say. "tu sei il mio soldatino. la ragione per cui vivo. non ti scordar di me. io veglierò su di te."

I screamed as the pain became overwhelming and I fell onto the floor.

The door o Nico's room opened. "Nico?"

Who ever it was saw me and cried out. Then I was gone.