Chp. 31 "Proper Introductions"

Start from the beginning

Now I saw why she had resented him and refused to tell me about him. He had been deployed and had to leave when Avery needed him the most and she wanted someone to blame. She had to suffer alone for two years, and even though it wasn't completely Chris's fault, Avery still held the pain over his shoulders.

I hugged her tighter as my arms gripped her body, "Avery, it wasn't his fault that he was deployed."

She sighed heavily again, as if trying to relieve the pain that was gathered in her heart. She whispered, "I know, I was just depressed for so long without him Andy ..."

I felt my mood damper at her response, hearing the painful words seep into my heart. I felt even worse for her now, and I wished I could make it better but knew I couldn't. There really was nothing I could do to replace those two empty years while her brother was gone, and we both knew that.

"But Avery, he's home and safe. Remember that. You have your brother back."

I knew my words had hit her but she was still a little upset. I couldn't blame her for that because she was human, but she knew I was right with what I said. Her brother could've died or something, and instead of holding her grudge she should be happy that he's home now.

She kissed my cheek and mumbled into my ear, "You're right, thank you."

I smiled, "I know I'm right. Now can we go back to bed?"

I felt her arms tighten around me, causing my smile to grow wider, "Yes, you need your beauty sleep."

~ ~ ~ ~

I could hear my name in the distance, as if it was far away, "Andy..."

The voice was pleasing, and soon I was feeling pressure on my stomach, and then my legs, as if someone was lying on top of me. A soft sensation touched my neck, and I forced my eyes open to reveal who was behind this.

I smiled at the sight of Avery, her pretty eyes boring into mine while I blinked the sleep out of my eyes. I had been having a dream but Avery had interrupted that, but I knew we would need to get a lot done today. She smiled, "Good morning beautiful."

I felt a slight grin play on my lips as she lied on top of me, her face only inches from mine. Her hair was draping around me and I could smell the familiar scent of her soap. I responded, "Morning."

"We have a lot to get done today."

I frowned, remembering that Avery and I hadn't gotten any packing done last night. I nodded, "You're right, but I just don't want to get out of this bed."

She smirked lightly, letting one of her hands travel down the side of my body. "You know," she paused her sentence, letting her hand finally reach under my shorts and rest on my area, "I never got to repay you for last night."

I blushed immediately, the pressure on my area was distracting, but I tried to play it off. I returned a smirk, "You're right."

She kissed right under my ear and I shivered under her, feeling the same arousing emotion bubble in my stomach. I felt her hands both come up, gripping my breasts in her hands and whispering, "And I really want to show you right now..."

Her lips kissed mine then as she continued to grope my chest. I felt myself grow hot under her touch, and I knew we would soon get carried away.

Then we heard a loud shout, "Breakfast is ready! You two better be down here in 3 minutes or you get none!"

Avery rolled her eyes, leaning her head on my chest as she remained on top of me. I heard her sigh in frustration, "He's the king of clock-blocking, I swear."

I laughed, hugging her to me, "Well, we don't have to go, but, I'm starving."

She smiled, grabbing my hand and pulling me up and out of the bed. I followed her downstairs and into the vast kitchen that smelt of bacon and eggs. I felt my mouth water at the sight of the food laid out on the table, realizing Chris had prepared all of this alone. He turned around and Avery spoke, "You really know how to make up for last night."

He held the spatula to Avery's face, and in an instant I expected a snide remark, but he proved me wrong. "You're right," he turned to me and smiled, putting down the spatula, "I apologize for interrupting... whatever was going on last night. And also for making fun of shaking your hand."

I smiled in humor, recalling the embarrassing things he had said to me, "Its ok, you're forgiven."

He smiled in victory, looking at Avery with a smart-ass look on his face, "See, told you she would forgive me."

Avery rolled her eyes as she handed me a plate to start filling with food. I was extremely hungry and Chris had really made the ultimate breakfast. There were biscuits and bacon, scrambled eggs and toast and about every jelly you could imagine. Avery told me she didn't do the shopping, that the housekeeper did all of that during the week. I guess Chris figured we should use everything their dad pays for.

I sat next to Avery after fixing my plate, across from Chris who was already chewing on a piece of bacon. He eyed me and Avery for a while, and soon I began to feel uncomfortable again. Then he spoke, "So, are you Avery's girlfriend or...?"

I looked at Avery, thinking that she would've told him last night but then remembering they had probably talked about more of what Chris missed out on. I could've sworn Avery growled at him from the side of me but I nodded awkwardly, "Yes."

He drank a sip of his orange juice before continuing, "For how long?"

Avery answered before I could, "3 months."

He nodded, seeming to be interested in the idea that me and Avery were, in fact, together. It should've been pretty obvious last night but I guess he didn't want to assume anything.

"So where are you guys heading off to in a couple of days?"

Avery must've mentioned it to him but when I looked at Avery for guidance she shook her head slightly. I realized she didn't want me to tell him the truth so she stated, "It's like a little senior trip."

He looked from Avery to me, seeming unconvinced, "And you need to pack for over a month?"

I realized Avery was at a loss for words, so I stepped in, "Max has family in California, and we're taking a road trip there and staying in one of their beach houses."

This seemed to confirm something for him and he nodded, continuing to eat his breakfast. "That sounds fun."

I smiled, only from the feeling of victory I had gained from my pretty convincing lie. Avery squeezed my knee from under the table and I took this as a good sign. I guess she hadn't really told him much last night, just about the things he had mentioned, and he had just grown curious.

I figured she didn't want me to explain to him my powers and everything that was really going on, but I pinned it on the fact because of the government facility. The F.P.S. had been a touchy subject with Gage, who was just merely involved in the police force, no telling how someone within the Army would react.

Then we finished breakfast and headed upstairs, getting to work on Avery's packing, knowing we would have a long day ahead of us.

***A/N***

What do you guys think of me adding yet, ANOTHER character? Chris is pretty funny though, wouldn't you agree? LOL. Anyways, hope you guys are enjoying the story so far, the trip is just up ahead so stay tuned! And please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT if you liked it. I really appreciate the little things from you guys! And thanks to all the fans that PM me too, it means a lot hearing compliments from you! Happy Reading! ^_^