53-The Whole Ugly Truth

{ALEC}

Magnus just stares at me. I told him the truth... And all he can do is stare.

"You're giving up your whole life. You're throwing everything away... For me?" He finally squeaks. Magnus never squeaks. I nod my head slowly. "But... Isn't one lifetime enough? I want to be by your side when you die. I want to see your soul leave your body... Well I don't want that but I thought that's what the deal was. Alexander," I shudder when he says my full name. It's been far too long since he's said it. "Were the I do's not enough? You don't have to be immortal for me to love you, love. Don't change who you are for little ole me."

By that point I was already brave enough to jump out the window. I leap out of my chair and run to his love seat. Climbing onto his lap, I pull my hands through his hair and look him dead in the eye.

"I've already made up my mind. One lifetime, is unimaginable. But to live with you forever..." I smirk at his dilated eyes "Well that would be the best gift anyone could ever give me." I kiss Magnus's jugular, and listen to his soft voice speak to me.

"You get to tell Jace and Clary."

{CLARY}

I open my door to a wide-eyed Simon. He looks filled up with blood, so I don't have to worry about that. "Hey, Simon." I smile. It's been a while since I've had time alone with him. What with him getting married, my kids, Jace, his kids, Isabelle... We hardly see each other.

I step outside and gladly take his cold embrace. I shudder a his touch, but hug him even tighter to me. I miss him. "Clary I think we need to spend more time together." Simon lets me go, looking me in the eyes now. "We don't see eachother enough anymore. And c'mon. We're best friends. We still haven't gone to comic con that we planned forever ago..." He hints at.

I bite my lip. "Isabelle may be only slightly jealous now, but I don't know about Jace." I look back at the institute, as if to check to see if he were watching "He's been acting all tough guy." I offer

Simon gives me a look "Like he isn't always the tough guy." He rolls his eyes. "Where is he, anyway? Getting his hair bleached?Buying you a maids outfit?" Ouch. That was rude. Suddenly, I'm not having it.

Anger boils inside of me. "You know what, Simon? That's my husband you're talking about. Yeah, I want to spend time with you. I miss the hell out of you. But I'm not going to listen to you talk about Jace like he's a piece of trash." I turn on my heal with tears burning in my eyes, and walk right back into the institute.

To my immediate surprise, a little someone is waiting for me.

Or a not so little someone.

_____________

OHHH who do you think it is?

Comment?

Vote?

Love you!

~SOPHIA~