Chapter 33 Christmas Special!!

DECEMBER 22

{CLARY}

Christmas is among us, and I'm struggling on what to buy for Spencer and Will. Probably Shadowhunting things for when they're older. Isabelle has been... Distracted. I'm not sure why. It's almost as if she feels she has a dead line. Maybe she does.

{ISABELLE}

Pain washes through my body as water spills from... You know where. "This can't be right..." I growl to myself. "SIMON!" I yell, even though I don't need to.

"Izzy? What's wrong?" Simon is immediately at my side "Why is the floor wet?" I glare at him. He can be such a mundane sometimes.

"Simon. Think about it. I'm going into labor!!" Simon starts breathing heavily, but calms down as I put my hands on his face. "Breathe," I tell him. He scoops me up and carries me to our car.

{CLARY}

After paying for what must be a scary order (Throwing stars, a video phone, rope and diapers) I get a phone call telling me I have to to to the hospital. Isabelle is in labor, and something is wrong. The baby is coming three months early, and Simon is freaking out.

"Simon, calm down it's probably not even happening. It could be a false alarm. Jace is getting the car and we're on our way." Simon hangs up, hyperventilating. How could this be? I'm due any day and Isabelle is due in February and is having her baby before me.

_______

LATER

Isabelle is crying and I don't know why. I hold her hand as the doctors cut into her stomach. They said the baby is upside down, but I don't believe them. I think something is wrong with her baby.

{JACE}

One second I'm holding Isabelle's hand, the next I'm catching Clary as she falls. "Clary! What's-"

"I'm going into labor. I need a doctor." I nod, and grab a nearby wheel chair to sit her in.

"I need a doctor!" I yell down the hallway.

"I NEED ALEC!" Isabelle yells from her room. "WHERE IS MY BROTHER?!" She cries from pain and passes out.

A nurse runs into the room and wheels Clary into a separate room.