Chapter 44- Preperations

{CLARY}

When the Alec and Magnus are finally ready, I try to sit in my seat with Jace. They have other plans for us, though. "No! Pst, Clary! I need you to give me away to Alec!" Then I hear a faint whimper from his direction. "Pst, Jace!" I hear from another direction "You're my best man! You can walk down the aisle with me." We both look at each other. Jace rolls his eyes and gets up, pulling me up with him. These pumps and tight flattering black dress make it uneasy to move around in. Jace smirks, looking me up and down. He pulls me closer to him, so that I'm resting my hands on his chest. "By the way, Fray," He says quite loud enough for everyone in the room to hear, then whispers, "You look very sexy in that dress," he says, looking me up and down one more time. He kisses my lips passionately. Not sure whether to be flattered, embarrassed or insulted, I simply roll my eyes and begin with "I'm not a 'Fray' anymore," and end with "But thank you. You look quite," I think for a moment before answering "Dashing, if I do say so myself." Jace grins, and I pull his "falling" hand up to the middle of my back. "Later," I whisper. Again he smirks, and at the exact moment Maia and Jordan walk in and plop down next to Jocelyn and Luke.

{MAIA}

I wave politely at Luke, but sadly. Since he's moving to Idris, he won't be the leader of our pack anymore. He appointed me to do so. But I don't want to be the leader of the pack. I want Luke to stay. And how the hell am I going to raise a baby? It's so impossible for me to be pregnant... I'm a freaking werewolf! But then again, it was also pretty impossible for Jocelyn to get pregnant... Maybe it isn't so impossible. I feel like I'm going to be sick. I must have been pregnant for a little while now... Because either my stomach is bloating or it's becoming more obvious. Clary lightly touches my shoulder as she passes by, probably going to check on Magnus. She's been getting closer to him, especially since they've known each other for so long. I really need to talk to Jordan. "I need to talk to you," I whisper in his ear, trying to politely interrupt his conversation with Luke. He looks over at me, and nods, instantly looking nervous. I motion my head to the hallway where the bathrooms are, waiting for him to follow.
"What's going on?" He asks when we finally get there. "Is something wrong, Maia?" Oh my god. He's going to freak.
"Nothing. Forget it," I say and start to walk away. But he grabs my arm, and not lightly.
"Maia, something is clearly bothering you. What's wrong?" I whimper a little, but enough to make him release his grip. Well, here goes nothing.
"Jordan... I, uh. I'm pregnant." Jordan smiles for a second, then steps back, frowning.
"Oh my god." He says blankly. "Oh."
"I was honestly looking for a bit more excitement. But hey, this is what I was expecting."