Chapter 9

This chapter is dedicated to @aninakotian

{CLARY}

Jace will not shut up about the baby. We've been in Rome for about two weeks, and my stomach has grown about 4 centimeters. 2 centimeters per week. My mom called, and when I told her about the baby she actually screamed. Not of disappointment, but of pure joy, which surprised the hell out of me.

Even Jocelyn is excited.

I'm so excited for the baby. Jace is taking me home in a few days, so we can tell everyone in person. Only Isabelle knows, and I swore her to secrecy. God I hope she hasn't told Simon. Well, I know she hasn't. He would have probably come here with a pick axe. And his teeth.

{MAGNUS}

The lady we're adopting from is young, only 16. She says she wants a closed adoption. She never wants to see the kid again... It reminds her of pain. It's a baby girl, which is exactly what Alexander and I wanted. We have to pick out a name, though.

"Korena?" Alec suggested

"No... Our child will not grow up in a strip club," I say as nicely as I can. "How about Fiona?" Alec makes a disgusting face at me. We don't know what to do... We can't agree on a name. So instead of coming up with names, we make out.

{CLARY}

We're almost home. I'm not obviously pregnant, but I'm nearly a month. I've been pregnant for longer than I knew. Jace and I are going to tell Magnus and Alec.

{ALEC}

Magnus and I are fooling around in our bedroom. Suddenly, (with both Magnus and I only having SOCKS on) Jace bursts through the door.

"OH! Sorry sorry I'll come back," he says leaving. We cover ourselves up, but he comes back and yells "BY THE WAY, CLARY IS HAVING A BABY!" And leaves. What?!